This DFRobot rainfall sensor is a reliable and convenient tool for measuring rainfall.
Based on the principle of tipping bucket rainfall, the rainfall sensor provides users with rainfall values in millimetres and system operating time. The sensor has no electronic components inside and features a hollow bottom design that allows rainwater to automatically drain, making it more stable and sensitive.
It supports I2C and UART data outputs, compatible with micro:bit, Arduino, ESP32, and Raspberry Pi. Integrated with the easy-to-use Gravity interface, this rainfall sensor can be used to set up a rain monitoring system easily with the provided ready-to-go libraries. The tipping bucket rainfall sensor can provide high-quality rainfall data for weather stations, environmental monitoring stations, or smart farms.
Note: The signal adapter board is not waterproof. Do not expose the signal adapter board to rain.
If you want to know the principle of the rain gauge, please click here to read more.
Wiring Diagram of Gravity: Tipping Bucket Rainfall Sensor and Arduino Uno
- Measures rainfall in millimetres and system operating time
- No electronic components inside
- Hollow bottom design for automatic drainage
- Supports I2C and UART data outputs
- Compatible with micro:bit, Arduino, ESP32, Raspberry Pi
- Integrated with Gravity interface
- Ready-to-go libraries for easy setup of the rain monitoring system
- Working Voltage: 3.3 to 5.5V DC
- Working Current: ＜3mA
- Output Signal: I2C/UART
- Resolution: 0.28mm
- Operating Temperature: -40 to 85°C
- PCB Size: 32mm x 37mm/1.26 x 1.46 inches
- Tipping Bucket Size: 118mm x 59mm x 80mm/4.65 x 2.32 x 3.15inches
- Mounting Hole Size: 3.1mm
- Weight: 119g (Tipping bucket), 5.3g (PCB)
- 1x Gravity: Tipping Bucket rainfall Sensor
- 1x Signal Adapter
- 1x Gravity-4P I2C/UART Sensor Connector