This is a handy USB to UART module with a Micro-USB connector and male pinout. It uses an original FT232RL chip and includes a jumper to select working mode - 5V, 3.3V or powered by the target device.
Three onboard LEDs display activity for TXT, RXD and power. PCB hole pads can be found on either side of the board for connecting the included pin headers if desired.
The unit comes complete with pin headers and a 6-pin custom jumper wire connector. We also stock a USB-C version!
Note: the module is compatible with TTL level only, to avoid damage please do not directly connect to an RS232 circuit.
- Original FT232RL onboard
- Supports Mac, Linux, Android, WinCE, Windows 7/8/8.1/10
- 3 power modes: 5V output, 3.3V output or powered by target board (3.3V-5V)
- 3 LEDs: TXD LED, RXD LED, POWER LED
- Functional Pins
- TXD, RXD, RTS#, CTS#: Cconnected to the onboard soldered pin-headers
- All other pins are accessible via the PCB hole pads either side of the board (separate pin headers are provided)
- Dimensions: 14.81mm x 19.05mm
- 1x FT232 USB UART Board (Micro-USB)
- 2x 5-pin male header
- 2x 5-pin female header
- 1x 6-pin custom connector jumper wire
How to Use
In the case of working with an MCU:
- VCCIO ↔ 3.3V or 5V output (the module is powered from USB, onboard jumper should be shorted to 3.3V or 5V)
- GND ↔ GND
- TXD ↔ MCU.RX (signal direction: MCU.RX << FT232 << PC.TX)
- RXD ↔ MCU.TX (signal direction: MCU.TX >> FT232 >> PC.RX)
- RTS ↔ MCU.CTS (signal direction: MCU.CTS << FT232 << PC.RTS)
- CTS ↔ MCU.RTS (signal direction: MCU.RTS >> FT232 >> PC.CTS)