The ESP32-H2-DevKitM-1 is an entry-level development board based on Bluetooth® Low Energy and IEEE 802.15.4 combo modules ESP32-H2-MINI-1. Most of the I/O pins on the ESP32-H2-MINI-1 module are broken out to the pin headers on both sides of this board for easy interfacing.
Developers can either connect peripherals with jumper wires or mount ESP32-H2-DevKitM-1 on a breadboard.
ESP32-H2 is an ultra-low-power Internet of Things (IoT) solution offering multiple protocol support on a single chip. It integrates a 2.4 GHz transceiver compliant with Bluetooth ® Low Energy and IEEE 802.15.4-based technologies, supporting Bluetooth 5 (LE), Bluetooth mesh, Thread, Matter, and Zigbee. It has:
- A Bluetooth LE subsystem that supports features of Bluetooth 5 and Bluetooth mesh
- An IEEE 802.15.4 subsystem that supports Thread and Zigbee
- Radio protocols coexistence in 2.4GHz band
- State-of-the-art power and RF performance
- 32-bit RISC-V single-core processor with a four-stage pipeline that operates at up to 96 MHz
- 320 KB of SRAM, 128 KB of ROM, 4 KB LP memory, and 4 MB SiP flash inside
- Reliable security ensured by:
- Cryptographic hardware accelerators that support AES-128/256, Hash, RSA, HMAC, ECC, digital signature, and secure boot
- Random number generator
- Permission control on accessing internal memory, external memory, and peripherals
- External memory encryption and decryption
- Rich set of peripheral interfaces and GPIOs, ideal for various scenarios and complex applications.
- ESP32-H2-MINI-1: ESP32-H2-MINI-1, with ESP32-H2 inside which integrates a 2.4 GHz transceiver compliant with Bluetooth ® Low Energy and IEEE 802.15.4-based technologies, supporting Bluetooth 5 (LE), Bluetooth mesh, Thread, Matter, and Zigbee. This module is specially designed for all kinds of low-power IoT applications.
- Pin Headers: All available GPIO pins (except for the SPI bus for flash) are broken out to the pin headers on the board. For details, please see Espressif's Header Block.
- 3.3V Power On LED: Turns on when the USB power is connected to the board.
- 5V to 3.3V LDO: Power regulator that converts a 5 V supply into a 3.3 V output.
- USB-to-UART Bridge: Single USB-UART bridge chip provides up to 3 Mbps transfer rates.
- ESP32-H2 USB Type-C Port: The USB Type-C port on the ESP32-H2 chip is compliant with USB 2.0 full speed. It is capable of up to 12 Mbps transfer speed (Note that this port does not support the faster 480 Mbps high-speed transfer mode).
- Boot Button: Download button. Holding down Boot and then pressing Reset initiates Firmware Download mode for downloading firmware through the serial port.
- Reset Button: Press this button to restart the system.
- USB Type-C to UART Port: Power supply for the board as well as the communication interface between a computer and the ESP32-H2 chip via USB-to-UART bridge.
- RGB LED: Addressable RGB LED, driven by GPIO8.
- J5: Used for current measurement. See details in Section Current Measurement.