With this, the latest version of our Bulldozer add-on for the :MOVE mini MK2 for the BBC micro:bit, everyone's favourite little programmable robot buggy just got much better. Robots often do more than just :MOVE from A to B, and with this add-on so can :MOVE mini.
Although this add on has been designed to work with :MOVE mini Mk2 it can also be fitted to the original :MOVE mini. We have produced two sets of build instructions as there is a slightly different procedure for each. The MK1 and MK2 build instructions can both be found in the resources section below.
Previously on :MOVE mini, we; drew shapes, controlled it via Bluetooth, controlled it with a second micro:bit, and we also coded a variety of light shows. Now, it can totally lift and carry stuff too!
This self-assembly bulldozer add-on kit is made from the same materials as :MOVE mini MK2, designed in keeping with the :MOVE mini aesthetic, and also comes with the servo required to move the bulldozer add-on up and down.
There is a very simple Servo:Lite board hack that enables the control of the third servo, you can find out how here. Once the kit is fully assembled, the bulldozer arm can be coded with the Microsoft MakeCode Editor.
Note: In order to use this accessory you must enable the third servo functionality to be able to connect the third servo to the Servo:Lite board, some soldering is required in order to do this. The header pins required for this are supplied with this kit.
Also, enabling the third servo disables the onboard ZIP LEDs. If you undo the third servo hack and return the board to its original state, the onboard ZIP LEDs will be re-enabled. We have produced a short guide showing how to enable the third servo and how to revert this change, read it here.
- This kit requires mechanical assembly
- This kit requires some soldering
- When attached to :MOVE mini this kit offers a fun introduction to the world of DIY robotics
- Code it with the Microsoft MakeCode Editor
- Use in conjunction with an App and control it over Bluetooth
- Use the radio function and a second micro:bit as a controller
- 1 x Set of Buldozer parts
- 1 x Mini 180 Degree Servo
- 4 x M2 6mm Pan head steel screw
- 4 x M2 Hex Full width nut
- 2 x Counter sunk M3 screw
- 3 x Straight PCB pin headers
- Length: 110mm
- Width: 50mm
- Height: 75mm
- Bulldozer Build Instructions for MK1 :MOVE mini
- Bulldozer Build Instructions for MK2 :MOVE mini
- Servo:Lite board Datasheet
- Coding Examples:
- Example code and usage instructions.
- Guide For Kitronik Custom MakeCode Editor Servo Blocks.
- Getting Started With The Servo:Lite board.
- Guide For Controlling 3 Servos With The Servo:Lite board.
- Guide for Controlling :MOVE mini With The microbit Radio.
- Guide For Adding Bluetooth Remote Control To :MOVE mini.
- WS2812B Datasheet