The DFRobot Boson Science Starter Pack is a set of digital scientific exploration tools for young scientists to build their very own hands-on STEM lab.
Unlike traditional science kits, Boson scientific sensors output an instant and accurate result in the form of electric signals. Setting up the device is extremely easy, and all the sensors can be used repetitively. The kit includes the main controller board, OLED display module, two sensors, battery holder and cables - just add 3x AAA batteries and you're ready to learn!
The Boson Science Starter Pack offers budding scientists:
- 2 scientific sensors for physics
- 6 scientific explorations on 3 different fields
- Plug and play LED monitor for instant result display
Don't know how to learn with kids with these cute blocks? Don't worry, we have prepared six detailed tutorials for you!
You can explore "Do plants grow better with more water?" using the included Boson Soil Moisture Sensor.
In the tutorial "Are we able to ‘see’ conductivity?" you will investigate how different materials and states of matter have different abilities to carry positive and negative charges.
We often see the moon shining in the dark sky. The moon itself does not produce any light of its own, but why does it seem bright at night? And if we observe it carefully enough, we can find that the moon is not uniformly bright and there are dark shades all over it. Why is that? Follow the tutorial "Why Does the Moon Shine at Night?" to find out.
Six Great Tutorials
- 1 - Do plants grow better with more water?
- 2 - Are we able to ‘see’ conductivity?
- 3 - Why does the moon shine at night?
- 4 - Why is it summer after spring, not winter?
- 5 - Why do very few plants grow in deserts?
- 6 - Do plants need light?
- Plug n' play
- Easy to set up and use
- Includes Mainboard, sensors and connectors - just add 3x AAA 1.5V batteries!
- Six detailed tutorials
- Can be used repetitively
- Operating Voltage: 4.5V-5.5V
- Dimension: 60 x 220 x 300mm
- Weight: 300g
- 1x Soil Moisture Sensor
- 1x Light Sensor
- 1x OLED Module
- 1x Mainboard
- 1x 3xAAA Battery Holder
- 2x Cable 10cm
- 2x Cable 20cm