The DFRobot Beetle ESP32-C3, mainly intended for IoT applications, is a controller based on the ESP32-C3 RISC-V 32-bit single-core processor.
On a coin-size board of just 25mmx20.5mm, there are up to 13 IO ports broken out so you don't have to worry about running out of pins when making projects. Meanwhile, the li-ion battery charging management function is integrated on the board itself which allows for directly connecting a li-ion battery without extra modules whilst maintaining the application size and safety.
The included expansion board for Beetle ESP32-C3 brings out more power sources without increasing product volume. Also, the onboard easy-to-connect GDI saves the trouble of wiring when using a screen.
The Beetle ESP32-C3 supports WiFi and Bluetooth 5 (LE) dual-mode communication that reduces the difficulty of networking. Both Bluetooth Mesh protocol and Espressif WiFi Mesh are supported for more stable communication and a larger coverage area.
Detailed tutorials for Beetle ESP32-C3 are provided for users to use the controller’s WiFi function, such as connecting to IoT platforms like Aliyun, IFTTT, etc. Or users can use various sensors and actuators to build up IoT systems.
The Beetle ESP32-C3 can be programmed by Arduino IDE, ESP-IDF, MicroPython, C, and Python.
- Small size of 25mmx20.5mm
- Onboard Lithium charging management function, safer charging and discharging
- Comes with expansion board, more convenient to make projects or use with a screen
- RISC-V 32bit core
- Support WiFi and Bluetooth 5(LE) dual-mode communication
- Operating Voltage: 3.3V
- Type-C Input Voltage: 5V DC
- VIN Input Voltage: 5V DC
- Operating Current: 25mA
- Maximum Charging Current: 400mA
- Operating Temperature: -40~105℃
- Size: 25 x 20.5mm/0.98 x0.81”
- Processor: 32bit RISC-V Single-core processor
- Main Frequency: 160 MHz
- SRAM: 400KB
- ROM: 384KB
- Flash: 4MB
- RTC SRAM: 8KB
- Clock: external crystal(32kHz); internal fast RC oscillator 17.5MHz(adjustable); PLL clock
- USB: USB 2.0 Up to 12Mbit/s
- WiFi Protocol: IEEE 802.11b/g/n
- Bandwidth: Supports 20 MHz, 40 MHz bandwidth in 2.4GHz band
- WiFi Mode: Station, SoftAP, SoftAP+Station and promiscuous mode
- WiFi Frequency: 2.4GHz
- Frame Aggregation: TX/RX A-MPDU, TX/RX A-MSDU
- Bluetooth Protocol: Bluetooth 5, Bluetooth mesh
- Bluetooth Frequency: 125 Kbps, 500 Kbps, 1 Mbps, 2 Mbps
- Digital I/O x13
- LED PWM 6 Channel
- SPI x1
- UART x2
- I2C x1
- I2S x1
- IR Transceiver: transmit channel x2, receive channel x2(random pin)
- 2 × 12-bit SAR ADCs, up to 6 channels
- DMA controller, with 3 transmit channels and 3 receive channels
- 1x Beetle ESP32-C3
- 1x Beetle ESP32-C3 Expansion Board
- 1x 2.54mm 8-pin Single-row Pin Connector