Sensirion Temperature/Humidity sensors are some of the finest & highest-accuracy devices you can get. And, finally we have some that have a true I2C interface for easy reading. The SHT31-D sensor has an excellent ±2% relative humidity and ±0.3°C accuracy for most uses. We now use the version with a PTFE filter, it'll stay clean while still allowing humidity measurements to work
Unlike earlier SHT sensors, this sensor has a true I2C interface, and (bonus!) even with two address options. It also is 3V or 5V compliant, so you can power and communicate with it using just about any microcontroller or microcomputer.
Such a lovely chip - so we spun up a breakout board with the SHT31-D and some supporting circuitry such as pullup resistors and capacitors. Each order comes with one fully assembled and tested PCB breakout and a small piece of header. You'll need to solder the header onto the PCB but it's fairly easy and takes only a few minutes even for a beginner.
- Uses I2C address 0x44 or 0x45
- 12.7mm x 18mm x 2.6mm / 0.5" x 0.7" x 0.1"
- Weight: 0.8g
- Datasheet, schematic, EagleCAD PCB files, and Fritzing available in the product tutorial
- As of June 6, 2017 we're using the version of the sensor with a PTFE filter.
- As of April 6, 2021 we've updated this sensor to be STEMMA QT compatible - that means there's now an easy way to plug-and-play this sensor without any soldering! The physical shape has changed a little, and the pinout has changed to our QT standard ordering.
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.