This is a general-purpose 8.8" HDMI display from Waveshare, with 480x1920 resolution (vertical by default but can be changed for horizontal use) intended for use as a secondary/side display.
The display features an IPS panel with 170° viewing angles and a 480 x 1920 resolution. The body is made from CNC-processed alloy which contains dual hi-fi speakers. On the side is a full-size HDMI port along with a USB-C power port (~500mA current draw at the brightest setting) and a combined ON/OFF/backlight brightness button. A collapsable stand built into the rear makes this great as a portable monitor solution...or just at a great angle under your desk.
Comes complete with a USB-C cable and HDMI cable.
- With the Raspberry Pi, you need to configure the system resolution manually
- Windows, note that the default orientation of the display is vertical with 480x1920 hardware. This can be changed in the Windows display settings.
- If you wish to use this monitor with a Raspberry Pi Zero, you will need to buy a Mini-HDMI cable.
- This display does not have a touchscreen
- 8.8" IPS display with a hardware resolution of 480x1920
- Full metal CNC alloy shell
- Use with Raspberry Pi, it supports Raspberry Pi OS / Ubuntu / Kali and Retropie
- Use with Jetson Nano, it supports Ubuntu
- Use with Desktop PC, it supports Windows 11 / 10 /8.1 / 8 /7 without a driver
- Backlight control for power saving via on/off button
- Power consumption (5V):
- Dimmest setting: 260mA
- Brightest setting 500mA
- 1x 8.8" Side Monitor
- 1x USB-A to USB-C cable
- 1x HDMI cable