Our great value Raspberry Pi 4 Retro Gaming Kit is the best way to create your very own retro gaming console and includes everything you need (minus games - see below).
With everything in one box, you can be up and running in a matter of minutes. Just connect a screen, plug in the controllers, load your own game files (ROMs) and start shooting down 8-bit aliens with your friends!
Important notes (to avoid disappointment!)
- We do not provide game files (ROMs) as we're not legally permitted to do this. You need to legally source your own games.
- This is a project - not an off-the-shelf console! You'll need to set it up, tweak settings and install files etc. It's a great way to learn about the Raspberry Pi and Linux but that kind of geeky-fun isn't for everyone!
- Lakka will not run on 8GB Pis (yet) - please use RetroPie for 8GB boards (or any board - RetroPie is great too!)
This kit is available with different RAM options - Here's a quick guide to which is best for you. Note that CPU power is generally more important than RAM when it comes to running game emulators, and every Raspberry Pi 4 ships with the same CPU:
- 2GB - This is the cheapest option and comes with the lowest amount of memory (RAM). It's still perfectly capable of running a retro gaming machine.
- 4GB - A good balance between price and performance, and is a great option for anyone wanting to use the Raspberry Pi as a desktop PC as well. Our recommended option.
- 8GB - The largest amount of RAM available on a Raspberry Pi today. For those wanting the best performance from their Raspberry Pi as a desktop PC and gaming machine.
Note: A USB keyboard may also be required for some setup and configuration. If you don't have a USB keyboard handy, we sell a great one here.
In the box
- Raspberry Pi 4 Model B (64bit Quad-Core, 2GB, 4GB or 8GB - select above)
- 2x ThePiHut USB Gamepad / Controller ("SNES" Style)
Retro gaming can make your Raspberry Pi work hard - and that means more heat. To keep things nice and cool, we've included a premium precision-cut aluminium alloy case with this kit. It not only looks super smart, but it also naturally dissipates heat from all directions through the body material and upper/lower ventilation holes.
We only include the official power supply with our kits to ensure a stable and reliable power source for your Raspberry Pi 4. UK, EU & US options are available - select plug style before adding to your cart.
A high-quality black micro-HDMI cable connects your Raspberry Pi to any HDMI screen or monitor. The cable is micro-HDMI to HDMI, so no adapters are required. The 2m length ensures plenty of flexibility for placement.
The most powerful Raspberry Pi yet!
The incredible new Raspberry Pi 4 is the most powerful Raspberry Pi yet, which means even better retro gaming performance! It boasts amazing new features and improvements including:
- 1.5GHz 64-bit quad-core CPU
- 4GB RAM
- Dual 4K displays (2x micro-HDMI ports up to 4kp60)
- 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz IEEE 802.11ac wireless
- Bluetooth 5.0, BLE
- Gigabit Ethernet
- 2x USB 3.0 ports and 2x USB 2.0 ports