This compact battery holder accepts 3x AAA batteries and features a USB (female) output giving you a different way to power your project compared to traditional battery holders. The onboard switch allows convenient power control and the slide-out top cover makes it quick and easy to change batteries.
In terms of voltage, AAA batteries are usually available in 1.2V (rechargeable/carbon-zinc) or 1.5V (alkaline), meaning this USB battery holder can offer between 3.6V and 4.5V depending on which battery chemistry is used and their condition.
Whilst this won't power most 5V development boards, it works great with the Raspberry Pi Pico (when combined with a Micro-USB cable) which can accept 1.8V to 5.5V input - so you really can't go wrong no matter which type of battery you use!
We also think this might be super-duper for powering simple circuits and projects (or even other 3.3V devices with a wide input range). Perhaps combine with a USB breakout cable or simply splice one of your old unwanted cables at home?
We also offer a larger 3xAA version (same voltage, more capacity) and a 4x AA version which is good for higher voltages - 4.8V to 6V.
- 3x AAA battery holder
- Can be used with rechargeable or standard AAA batteries
- Up to 3.6V to 4.5V output (depending on battery type and condition/charge)
- On/Off switch for power control
- USB-A female output
- Slide-off battery cover (no screw included)
- Dimensions (approximate)
- Battery box: 62mm x 36.5mm x 15.5mm
- Cable length (to tip): ~95mm (but can vary slightly by batch)
Batteries not included
- 1x 3xAAA USB battery holder