A photo-interrupter sensor detects when something blocks the light between the infrared emitter and receiver elements. They're great for robot projects, item dispensing, object detection and more - use them however you like!
This sensor features an indicator LED to show you when the beam has detected an object - great for debugging.
The sensor also comes with a 20-slot encoder disk and a 3-pin XH2.54 cable.
- Infrared detection, eliminating the interferences of external stray light
- Schmitt trigger - stable waveform and signals
- Signal output indicator (while breaking the beam the sensor outputs a low level and the indicator LED lights up)
- 1x Photo Interrupter Sensor
- 1x 20-slot encoder disk
- 1x XH2.54 3-pin wire
- Power: 3.3V ~ 5V
- Dimension: 26.8mm × 15mm × 18.7mm
- Mounting holes size: 3mm
- Gap width: 6mm
- Motor speed detection
- Pulse counter
How to Use
In the case of working with a microcontroller:
- VCC ↔ 3.3V ~ 5V
- GND ↔ GND
- DOUT ↔ MCU.IO (digital output)