This is an open-source USB real-time clock for the Raspberry Pi, allowing your project to maintain accurate time and alarm/alert functions without internet connectivity - regardless of power cycles and reboots.
It uses a DS3231 RTC chip which runs the USB RTC with extremely high efficiency and accuracy. The RTC has cross-platform support which enables it to be used on different platforms such as Windows, MAC and more.
The USB connectivity is handled via an MCP2221 which is a USB-to-UART/I2C serial converter. The battery holder accepts a CR1220 battery.
- Temperature-compensated crystal oscillator
- DS3231 advanced processor
- MCP2221 USB-to-UART I2C serial converter
- I2C/SMBus supported clock and data lines
- Supports full-speed USB (12 Mb/s)
- 64-byte Transmit
- 64-byte Receive
- USB 2.0 Compliant
- Low-Power Consumption
- Battery Backup Input for continuous timekeeping
- Operating temperature ranges: Commercial: 0°C to +70°C / Industrial: -40°C to +85°C
- Low power consumption
- Real-time clock counts seconds, minutes, hours, day, date, month and year (with leap year compensation valid up to 2100)
- Two time-of-day alarms
- 1 x USB RTC Module
Raspberry Pi & CR1220 battery not included