Please note: Software control of the IR-CUT filter is no longer available due to changes in Raspberry Pi OS. The module will however continue to automatically adjust.
This Arducam 5MP NOIR camera module for the Raspberry Pi is designed for both daylight and night vision photography with its built-in automatic motorised IR cut filter and dual infrared LED illuminator boards.
The motorised IR cut filter can be switched on/off automatically, whilst the infrared LEDs are automatically set on/off according to the light environment. The camera is fully supported all the Raspberry Pi board versions including Pi 4, Pi 3 and Pi Zero.
- Automatic IR Cut Filter: On for daylight colour accuracy, off for IR night vision
- IR Corrected Lens: Features low dispersion glass that greatly reduces focus shift and chromatic aberration - focuses the light of different wavelengths on to an image plane at the same location unlike some other lenses
- IR LED Illuminator: Triggered by the light sensor that decides whether the light condition is poor and needs to be improved
- 1× Camera Board with 5MP OV5467 sensor and IR corrected lens
- 2× IR LED illuminator
- 2× Heat Sinks
- 1× 150 mm/5.9” FFC cable for Model A and B
- 1× 150 mm/5.9” FPC cable for Pi Zero models
Note: Software control of the IR-CUT features is no longer available, yet still shows in the following document:
- Sensor size: 1/4” (OV5647)
- Resolution: 5MP 2592×1944
- Video: 1080p 30 fps, 720p 60fps, 480p 90fps
- Focal Length: 2.25 mm (You can screw the lens for focusing*)
- Horizontal Field of View (HFOV): 85°
- Thread Size: M12×P0.5
- 3V power output for IR LED
- Built-in Motorized IR Cut filter
- Dimension: 36×36 mm, 4 mounting holes
Note: Often, focusing a lens is performed while monitoring the image quality on a video screen. Raspberry Pi is not included.