Looking for an eInk / ePaper display for your Raspberry Pi or Raspberry Pi Zero? Look no further! This great little red/black/white three-colour 2.13" eInk/ePaper display from Waveshare is perfect for adding a low-power display to your project.
ePaper / eInk displays are designed to replicate the appearance of ink on paper. Unlike regular displays, which lose their image when power is removed, eInk screens are able to hold text and images indefinitely, even without power. ePaper screens are therefore ultra low power, designed to have a wide viewing angle and additionally have limited reflection under sunlight. The applications are limitless!
The E-Ink display modules from Waveshare come complete with an embedded controller PCB, communicating via SPI interface, and support partial refresh.
This module includes a 2.13" (212x104) eInk display & pHAT PCB format, designed to plug directly onto your Raspberry Pi Zero or Zero W.
- No backlight - keeps displaying last content for a long time even when power down
- Ultra-low power consumption, power is only required for refreshing
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi 4B/3B/2B/A+/Zero/Zero W
- Preserved solder pads for SPI interface, for connecting with other controller boards like Arduino etc
- Comes with development resources and manual (examples for Raspberry Pi/Arduino/STM32)
- Product Wiki - https://www.waveshare.com/wiki/2.13inch_e-Paper_HAT_(B)
- Version revision identification - https://www.waveshare.com/wiki/2.13inch_e-Paper_HAT#Versions
- Operating voltage: 3.3V/5V
- Interface: 3-wire SPI, 4-wire SPI
- Outline dimension: 65mm × 30.2mm
- Display size: 23.71mm × 48.55mm
- Dot pitch: 0.229 × 0.228
- Resolution: 212 × 104
- Display colour: red, black, white
- Grey level: 2
- Full refresh time: 15s
- Refresh power: 26.4mW(Typ.)
- Standby power: <0.17mW
- Viewing angle: >170°
|DIN||SPI MOSI pin|
|CLK||SPI SCK pin|
|CS||SPI chip selection, low active|
|DC||Data/Command selection (high for data, low for command)|
|RST||External reset, low active|
|BUSY||Busy status output, high active|