Looking for an eInk / ePaper display for your Raspberry Pi or Raspberry Pi Zero? Look no further! This amazing little 2.9" capacitive touch, black/white eInk/ePaper display from Waveshare is perfect for adding a low-power, touch-responsive display to your next project. Featuring a screen resolution of 296x128 pixels, the E-Ink display is capable of recognizing up to 5-points of touch and is almost effortless to integrate with a Raspberry Pi or Raspberry Pi Zero.
ePaper / eInk displays are designed to replicate the appearance of ink on paper. Unlike regular displays, which loose their image when power is removed, eInk screens are able to hold text and images indefinitely, even without power. ePaper screens are therefore ultra low power, designed to have a wide viewing angle, and additionally have limited reflection under sunlight. The applications are limitless!
This 2.9" E-Ink display module from Waveshare features an on-board header to connect directly to a Raspberry Pi, and utilizes the I2C bus for Touch and SPI bus for the display.
Additional resources can be found on the Waveshare Wiki.
- 2.9-inch capacitive touch ePaper module
- 296×128 display resolution
- 5-points touch support including user-configurable wake-up gesture
- No backlight, keeps displaying last content for a long time even when power down
- Ultra-low power consumption, basically power is only required for refreshing the display
- Standard Raspberry Pi 40PIN GPIO extension header, supports Raspberry Pi series boards
- Reversed control interface, for connecting with controller boards like Arduino/STM32, etc.
- Comes with development resources and manual and examples for Raspberry Pi
- Operating Voltage: 3.3V/5V
- Interface: 3-wire SPI, 4-wire SPI
- Display color: Black, White
- Grey Scale: 2
- Resolution: 296x128 pixels
- Touch Points: 5
- Partial Refresh Time: 0.3s
- Full refresh time: 2s
- Refresh Power: 26.4mW (typical)
- Standby Current: <0.01uA (almost none)
- Viewing angle: >170°
- Display Dimensions: 66.89 × 29.05mm
- Outline Dimensions: 89.10 × 42.7mm
|DIN||SPI MOSI pin|
|CLK||SPI SCK pin|
|CS||SPI chip selection, low active|
|DC||Data / Command selection (high for data, low for command)|
|ERST||External reset, low active|
|BUSY||Busy status output, high active|
|INT||Touch controller interrupt pin|
|SCL||Touch controller I2C clock pin|
|SDA||Touch controller I2C data pin|
|TRST||Touch controller reset, low active|
|EN||Touch control power supply enable (optional), high active|
The pins described above were connected by default, you need to operate them.
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.