Looking for an eInk / ePaper display for your Raspberry Pi Pico that also featured touch capabilities? Look no further than this amazing little 2.9" capacitive touch, black/white eInk/ePaper display from Waveshare. It's ideal for adding an affordable, low-power, touch responsive display to your next Pi Pico project. Featuring a screen resolution of 296x128 pixels, the E-Ink display is capable of recognizing up to 5-points of touch and is almost effortless to integrate with a Raspberry Pi Pico.
ePaper / eInk displays are designed to replicate the appearance of ink on paper. Unlike regular displays, which loose their image when power is removed, eInk screens are able to hold text and images indefinitely, even without power. ePaper screens are therefore ultra low power, designed to have a wide viewing angle, and additionally have limited reflection under sunlight. The applications are limitless!
This 2.9" E-Ink display module from Waveshare features an on-board header to connect directly to a Raspberry Pi Pico, and utilizes the I2C bus for Touch and SPI bus for the display.
Additional resources can be found on the Waveshare Wiki.
- 2.9-inch capacitive touch ePaper module
- 296×128 display resolution
- 5-points touch support including user-configurable wakeup gesture
- No backlight, keeps displaying last content for a long time even when power down
- Ultra low power consumption, basically power is only required for refreshing the display
- SPI / I2C interface, requires minimal IO pins
- Comes with development resources, manual and examples for Raspberry Pi Pico C/C++ and MicroPython
- Operating Voltage: 3.3V
- Interface: 3-wire SPI, 4-wire SPI
- Display color: Black, White
- Grey Scale: 2
- Resolution: 296x128 pixels
- Touch Points: 5
- Partial Refresh Time: 0.3s
- Full refresh time: 2s
- Refresh Power: 26.4mW (typical)
- Standby Current: <0.01uA (almost none)
- Viewing angle: >170°
- Display Dimensions: 66.89 × 29.05mm
- Outline Dimensions: 89.10 × 42.7mm
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.