The MI:power board for the BBC micro:bit brings real portability to your wearable projects. The stylish, lightweight PCB is designed to fit snugly against the BBC micro:bit and features a built-in buzzer and 3V coin cell holder. This latest version has been redesigned to fit both the the V1 and V2 micro:bit.
When assembled, the MI:power board is connected directly to the 3V, GND and P0 connections on the micro:bit. The 3V and GND connections provide power to the micro:bit and the built-in buzzer is connected to P0, which is the default output pin when using the audio functions in the Block Editor software.
The board has an easy to access on/off switch, which makes it easy to turn a project on and off, rather than have to disconnect the power supply from the BBC micro:bit.
Once the unit is assembled and attached to the BBC micro:bit the mechanical fixings prevent the battery from being removed unless you use a screwdriver, so whatever the use, the battery will remain safely in place.
Lithium Battery Shipping: Due to courier restrictions, this product can only be shipped within England/Wales. With this item in your cart your shipping options will be limited and may cost more than our usual rates. Why?
- Power your BBC micro:bit from a stylish PCB
- Break free from the tether to the computer and take your project mobile
- On-Board buzzer
- Easy access on/off switch
- Great for micro:bit mood badges, to allow your micro:bit to become a handheld remote control, and much more
- This accessory is supplied with spacers, fixings and a battery
- No soldering required
- Length: 51mm / Width: 42mm / Height: 6mm
- Spacers, fixings and a battery are all provided
- BBC micro:bit is NOT included
- This accessory requires some assembly
- No Soldering required
- Works with micro:bit V1 and micro:bit V2
- 1 x MI:power board for the BBC micro:bit
- 3 x Counter Sunk M3 Machine Screws
- 3 x M3 Hex Full Width Nuts
- 3 x Plastic Spacers
- 1 x CR2032 3V Coin Cell
- 1 x BBC micro:bit
- Pozi drive screwdriver