The HiFiBerry Digi2 Pro v2.2 is a high-resolution SPDIF interface for the Raspberry Pi (all models with a 40-pin GPIO header). It uses the I2S sound port that connects directly to the CPU without the need for an additional USB conversion.
The Digi2 Pro also supports the HiFiBerry DSP add-on board that allows your setup to process your audio before sending it to the output.
The board can be equipped with an additional BNC connector (available from The Pi Hut soon). Note that you have to solder this yourself!
This is a special sound card for the Raspberry Pi, optimised for one specific use case: affordable high-quality audio playback!
New V2.2 Version
Whilst our images currently show the previous V2.1 board, our stock is now the newer V2.2 version which is compatible with all 40-pin models of Raspberry Pi, including the Raspberry Pi 4.
- SPDIF output 2-channel
- Can be equipped with an additional Digital Signal Processor (DSP) for flexible audio processing
- No volume or sound controls - passes digital audio as it is sent from the application (“bit-perfect”)
- Output isolation transformer
- Connects directly to the Raspberry Pi, no additional cables required
- No soldering - comes as a pre-fabricated kit
- Compatible with all Raspberry Pi models with a 40-pin GPIO connector
- Directly powered from the Raspberry Pi, no additional power supply
- Low-noise linear voltage regulator
- Low-jitter dual-domain clock for optimised clock decoupling from the Raspberry Pi
- HAT compliant, EEPROM for automatic configuration
- Comes with all components required to mount it. HiFiBerry include 4 M2.5x12mm spacers to fix the board onto the Raspberry Pi
Overlay for config.txt:
- 1: Dual-domain clock circuit
- 2: Output isolation transformer
Connectors & Jumpers
- 1: DSP connector
- 2: 5V power supply connector
- 3: TOSLink output
- 4: RCA output
- 5: Isolation ground jumper
- 6: Optional BNC connector
- Output impedance: 75 Ohm
- Channel count: 2 (support for non-audio data e.g. Dolby Digital, DTS)
- Power consumption: <0.3W
- Sample rates: 44.1-192kHz (see below for TOSLink)
- Not all DACs support sample rates (96kHz, 192kHz) via TOSLink. Check the documentation of your DAC!