Our great value Raspberry Pi 4 Retro Gaming Kit is the best way to create your very own retro gaming console and includes everything you need (minus games - see below).
With everything in one box, you can be up and running in a matter of minutes. Just connect a screen, plug in the controllers, load your own game files (ROMs) and start shooting down 8-bit aliens with your friends!
Important notes (to avoid disappointment!)
- We do not provide game files (ROMs) as we're not legally permitted to do this. You need to legally source your own games.
- This is a project - not an off-the-shelf console! You'll need to set it up, tweak settings and install files etc. It's a great way to learn about Raspberry Pi and Linux but that kind of geeky-fun isn't for everyone!
- Lakka will not run on 8GB Pis (yet) - please use RetroPie for 8GB boards (or any board - RetroPie is great too!)
This kit is available with different RAM options - Here's a quick guide to which is best for you. Note that CPU power is generally more important than RAM when it comes to running game emulators, and every Raspberry Pi 4 ships with the same CPU:
- 2GB - This is the cheapest option and comes with the lowest amount of memory (RAM). It's still perfectly capable of running a retro gaming machine.
- 4GB - A good balance between price and performance, and is a great option for anyone wanting to use the Raspberry Pi as a desktop PC as well. Our recommended option.
- 8GB - The largest amount of RAM available on a Raspberry Pi today. For those wanting the best performance from their Raspberry Pi as a desktop PC and gaming machine.
Note: A USB keyboard may also be required for some setup and configuration. If you don't have a USB keyboard handy, we sell a great one here.
In the box
- Raspberry Pi 4 Model B (64bit Quad-Core, 2GB, 4GB or 8GB - select above)
- 2x ThePiHut USB Gamepad / Controller ("SNES" Style)
Retro gaming can make your Raspberry Pi work hard - and that means more heat. To keep things nice and cool, we've included a premium precision-cut aluminium alloy case with this kit. It not only looks super smart, but it also naturally dissipates heat from all directions through the body material and upper/lower ventilation holes.
We only include the official power supply with our kits to ensure a stable and reliable power source for your Raspberry Pi 4. UK, EU & US options are available - select plug style before adding to your cart.
A high-quality black micro-HDMI cable connects your Raspberry Pi to any HDMI screen or monitor. The cable is micro-HDMI to HDMI, so no adapters are required. The 2m length ensures plenty of flexibility for placement.
The most powerful Raspberry Pi yet!
The incredible new Raspberry Pi 4 is the most powerful Raspberry Pi yet, which means even better retro gaming performance! It boasts amazing new features and improvements including:
- 1.5GHz 64-bit quad-core CPU
- 4GB RAM
- Dual 4K displays (2x micro-HDMI ports up to 4kp60)
- 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz IEEE 802.11ac wireless
- Bluetooth 5.0, BLE
- Gigabit Ethernet
- 2x USB 3.0 ports and 2x USB 2.0 ports
Comes with Raspberry Pi OS!
The included MicroSD card comes with Raspberry Pi OS pre-installed**, allowing you to get set up and start working on your project straight away!If you would prefer to use RetroPie or another OS, just use the included green USB card reader to wipe the card and install your favourite OS!
Note: The contents of this kit may change from time to time due to part availability. We will always update this page and images to reflect the current kit we're shipping.