Zero2Go is a Raspberry Pi Zero sized (or pHAT shape) extension board that can work as wide input range power supply for Raspberry Pi. Zero2Go Omini is the second member in the Zero2Go family.
Zero2Go Omini supports all Raspberry Pi models that has the 40-pin GPIO header, including A+, B+, 2B, 3B, 3B+, Zero and Zero W.
The main features of Zero2Go Omini include:
- Three separated input channels (each accepts 3.5~28V DC).
- Auto step-up or step-down to output 5V for powering Raspberry Pi.
- Auto switch input channel (one with highest voltage takes the priority).
- Gracefully turn on/off Raspberry Pi with single tap on the button.
- Fully cuts power for Raspberry Pi and all its USB peripherals after shutdown.
- Long hold the button to force power cut, when OS loses response.
- Monitor the input voltage on each channel (via software).
- Shutdown Raspberry Pi when input voltage below preset threshold.
- Recover Raspberry Pi when input voltage exceed preset threshold.
Zero2Go has quite wide input range (3.5V~28V), so it is convenient to power your Raspberry Pi with power bank, Li-Po battery pack, solar panel, car battery or different kinds of power adapters etc. You can also configure it as a UPS (please read user manual for more details).
To install Zero2Go’s software, please run this command in your home directory:
If your Raspberry Pi has internet connection, it will immediately download the script from our website, and you will then see the “installZero2Go.sh” script in your home directory. Then you just need to this script with with sudo:
sudo sh installZero2Go.sh
You will need to use sudo to run this script. This script will copy a file to “/etc/init.d/zero2go_daemon”, and register it to run after the boot.PACKAGE CONTENT
Each package of Zero2Go contains:
- Zero2Go board x 1
- 4mm plastic spacer x 4
- M2.5 x 10mm plastic screws x 4
- M2.5 plastic nuts x 4
Remarks: Raspberry Pi and 40-pin header are not included in the package.SPECIFICATIONS
|Dimension:||65mm x 30mm x 7.7mm|
|Weight||12g (net weight)|
|Mainly Used Chips||MCU: ATtiny841 (datasheet)
DC-DC Bulk: MP4462 (datasheet)
DC-DC Boost: SDB628 (datasheet)
|LED Indicator||Three-color LED (red, green and blue)|
|Interface||Micro USB female connector for input channel A.
XH2.54-2P connector for input channel B.
Universal wire connector for input channel C.
20×2 header (h=2mm) for connecting Raspberry Pi.
|Input||Three separated channels (A, B, and C)
All accept DC 3.5V~28V
(5.5~7.0V is not recommended as the DC-DC converter needs more dropout to work well)
|Output||Output 5V (±5%), maximum 2A|
|Efficiency||Up to 87% @ Step-Up mode
Up to 82% @ Step-Down mode
|Standby Current||~0.13mA @ Vin=3.5V
~0.36mA @ Vin=12V
~0.87mA @ Vin=28V
|Operating Temperature||-30℃~80℃ (-22°F~176°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-40℃~85℃ (-40°F~185°F)|
|Humidity||0~80%RH, no condensing|
More details about Zero2Go Omini can be found in its user manual: http://www.uugear.com/doc/Zero2Go_Omini_UserManual.pdf