3DQF PLA is made in Greater Manchester right here in the UK, with tight tolerances, the highest quality material and a fully recyclable custom cardboard spool. We're big fans of 3DQF filament and it's great to support a fellow small UK business in the maker scene.
This is 3DQF Woodchucker 1.75mm PLA in a generous 1kg spool. Woodchucker, as the name suggests, is a wood-based PLA filament which is really easy to print with using a 0.6mm nozzle or higher (don't use a 0.4mm like we did and cause yourself a blockage!).
This treemendous PLA will give you earthy prints whilst giving off a slightly woody smell which will make you feel like you're in a workshop with Norm himself! We also have many other colours available in the store!
Note: Unlike other 3DQF filaments, this one likes to be cooked a little cooler - check the printing parameters below (and of course, test and tweak for your specific machine).
The custom laser-cut cardboard is fully recyclable and includes a filament indicator to help you keep an eye on your remaining PLA. You can also 3D print a roller-style edge protection rim or axle-style low-friction spool rings for your spool holder.
3DQF PLA holds a tight tolerance of 0.06mm - and that's over a 21-kilometre run (a human hair is .04!)!
Recommended Printing Parameters
- Hot end Temperature: 180-190°C (start at 190°C and adjust for your printer/scenario)
- Bed Temperature: 40-50°C or unheated (start at 50°C and adjust for your printer/scenario)
- First Layer Speed: 30 mmps
- Print Speed: 50-80mmps
- Retraction: 2-4mm
- Fan: 100% from the start
- Filament cleaner: Recommended
- Like all PLA, keep it dry and away from humidity as much as possible
...and always check your levels...then check em' again!
3D Prints for your spool - neat!
- Roller-style edge protection rim (Thingiverse)
- Axle-style low-friction spool rings (Thingiverse)
- 3DQF Spool Support (PrusaPrinters)
- Filament Clip for 3DQF Spools (PrusaPrinters)
- Chubby Low-Friction Spool Rings (PrusaPrinters) (designed by Rich our product manager!)
- Colour: Woodchucker (wood-based)
- Material PLA filament with European sustainable wood fibers
- Diameter 1.75mm + tolerance
- Tolerance 0.06mm
- Filament Weight 1kg Gross
- Open/closed enclosure
- Net filament 1KG + Spool
- 76mm W
- 195mm D
- 70 mm Axle
- Card construction
- Fully recyclable
- Delivered in a sealed airtight bag with desiccant
- 1x 1kg spool of 1.75mm PLA (Woodchucker)
Made in the UK
This PLA filament, spool, outer box and even the box printing is all made in the UK.