Towerpro Servo Motor - MG90D (Metal Gear)
The MG90D from TowerPro is a digital 13g metal gear, double ball bearing servo designed for RC helicopters & airplanes, but useable in just about any servo situation we can think of. The unit features a central alloy casing, and all metal gearing.
The MG90D's are the upgraded version of the TowerPro MG90's and feature a stalling torque of 2.4kg in a 13g mini package.
The unit comes complete with 25cm wire and 3 pin 'S' type female header connector that fits most receivers, including Futaba, JR, GWS, Cirrus, Blue Bird, Blue Arrow, Corona, Berg, Spektrum and Hitec.
They work great with our UltraBorg servo and ultrasonic control board, and other Raspberry Pi Motor Controllers. They're also great for the Arduino Motor Shield - or simply by wiring up Arduino with the Servo library. You can use any servo code, hardware or library to control these servos, so it's great for beginners who want to make stuff move without building a motor controller with feedback & gear box, especially since it will fit in small places.
Towerpro Servo's comes with a selection of arms and hardware to get you set up nice and fast!
The Towerpro MG90D Servo Features:
- MG90D Digital Servo with Metal Gearing
- Genuine TowerPro Product
- Includes Selection of Horns and Screws for Different Application - See Picture for Details.
- Weight: 13g
- Dimension: 22.8×12.2×28.5mm
- Stall torque: 2.1kg.cm (4.8v) ; 2.4kg.cm (6.6V)
- Operating speed: 0.10sec/60degree (4.8V); 0.08sec/60degree (6.0V)
- Operating voltage: 4.8V~ 6.6V
- Gear Type: Metal gear
- Servo case: Middle with alloy case
- Bearing: Double ball bearing
- Temperature range: 0- 55deg
- Dead band width: 1us
- Servo wire length: 25cm
- Servo arms & screws included & fit with Futaba servo arm
- Servo Plug: JR (Fits JR and Futaba)
- It’s universal “S" type connector that fits most receivers, including Futaba, JR, Hitec ,GWS, Cirrus, Blue Bird, Blue Arrow, Corona, Berg, Spektrum.
- CE &RoHS approved
- The servo gear set and shaft has been upgraded to aluminium 6061-T6. It is stronger and lighter than copper.
- Dimension Sheet
- Red: Battery Positive
- Brown: Battery Negative
- Orange: Signal
To control with an Arduino, we suggest connecting the orange control wire to pin 9 or 10 and using the Servo library included with the Arduino IDE (Example Sketch). Position "0" (1.5ms pulse) is middle, "90" (~2ms pulse) is all the way to the right, "-90" (~1ms pulse) is all the way to the left.