Measure light with your TinyDuino - this TinyShield features a TAOS TSL2572 Ambient Light Sensor, that approximates human eye response to light intensity under a variety of lighting conditions and through a variety of attenuation materials.
Accurate ALS measurements are the result of TAOS’ patented dual-diode technology and the UV rejection filter incorporated in the package. In addition, the operating range is extended to 60,000 lux in sunlight when the low-gain mode is used.
The Ambient Light Sensor TinyShield incorporates level shifters and a local power supply to ensure proper and safe operation over the entire TinyDuino operating voltage range between 3 – 5V.
Learn more about the TinyDuino Platform.
To see what other TinyShields this will work with or conflict with, check out the TinyShield Compatibility Matrix
TAOS TSL2572 Ambient Light Sensor Specs
- Approximates Human Eye Response
- 45,000,000:1 Dynamic Range
- Operation to 60,000 lux in Sunlight
- Package UV Rejection Filter
- Wide Magnetic Field Range (+/-8 Oe)
- Low Power – Active: 200uA, Wait: 90uA, Sleep: 2.2u
TinyDuino Power Requirements
- Voltage: 3.0V - 5.5V
- Current: 200uA (Active). Due to the low current, this board can be run using the TinyDuino coin cell option
- A5/SCL - I2C Serial Clock line
- A4/SDA - I2C Serial Data line
- 20mm x 20mm (.787 inches x .787 inches)
- Max Height (from lower bottom TinyShield Connector to upper top TinyShield Connector): 5.11mm (0.201 inches)
- Weight: .96 gram (.03 ounces)
- Eagle Files
- Sample Arduino code
- TSL2572 Arduino library
- CAD 3D and 2D Files
- You can also use this shield without the TinyDuino – there are 0.1" spaced connections for power, ground, and the two I2C signals along the side of the TinyShield to allow you to connect a different system.
Payment & Accreditations