Feeling fancy? Why not add a Top pHAT to your Pi pHAT stack? The SparkFun Top pHAT for Raspberry Pi is intended to be at the top of a pHAT stack so you won't find any pins for stacking on top of this board, but that's ok because you will want to preserve your view of the 2.4" TFT display, six RGB LED's and three switches squeezed onto this board!
Can you use the SparkFun Top pHAT to prototype machine learning on your Raspberry Pi 4, NVIDIA Jetson, Google Coral or another single-board computer? Indubitably! The SparkFun Top pHAT supports machine learning interactions including voice control with onboard microphones & speaker, graphical display for camera control feedback, and uninhibited access to the RPi camera connector. Additionally, you can use the programmable buttons, joystick, and RGB LED for user-defined I/O, dynamic system interaction, or system status displays.
Can you use it as an interface to introduce your project to the SparkFun Qwiic ecosystem? Indeed! In addition to all the previous features, we have also included a Qwiic connector to allow easy integration over I2C. Billions of combinations of Qwiic-enabled boards are available to you to expand upon the capabilities of the SparkFun Top pHAT.
With all the I/O interaction on this board and the lack of soldering needed to get up and running, the SparkFun Top pHAT is the fundamental machine learning add-on for Raspberry Pi or any 2x20 GPIO SBC!
NOTE: If you're using the Top pHAT without another pHAT underneath, you will need to add a 20x2 header between your Pi 3 or Pi 4 and the Top pHAT.
The I2C address of the Top pHAT is 0x71 and is hardware-defined. A multiplexer/Mux is required to communicate to multiple Top pHAT sensors on a single bus. If you need to use more than one Top pHAT sensor consider using the Qwiic Mux Breakout.
- A Raspberry Pi pHAT that focuses on user interaction with an SBC/RPi.
- Support for machine learning interactions
- Voice control (microphones, speaker)
- Graphical display on 2.4" colour TFT
- Two Programmable buttons for user-defined I/O
- Programmable Joystick – for dynamic/interaction with the system (GUI menus, robot driving).
- Programmable RGB LEDs – for system status, display, etc...
- Does not inhibit access to RPi camera or display connector
- On/Off switch for Rpi
- Supports access to the SparkFun Qwiic ecosystem
- Intended to be at the top of a pHAT stack - no pins for stacking on top of this board. It’s the Top pHAT!
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.