There's only a single UART port on the original Raspberry Pi, and once it's used for terminal debugging no other serial devices can be connected.
Get around this limitation with the Serial Expansion HAT from Waveshare! This HAT gives you 2-channel UART and 8 programmable GPIO via I2C.
- Standard Raspberry Pi 40-pin GPIO header
- Onboard SC16IS752 expands 2-ch UART and 8 programmable GPIO through I2C (no extra pins required)
- Stackable up to 16 modules by setting the address jumper - up to 32-channels UART!
- Onboard LEDs for indicating the UART working status
- Reserved I2C control pins, allows the board to work with other control boards
- Comes with development resources and manual (examples in C and python)
In the box
- 1x Serial Expansion HAT
- 1x RPi screws pack (2pcs)
- 2x PH2.0 6-pin wire
- Operating voltage: 3.3V
- Expansion chip: SC16IS752
- Control interface: I2C
- Dimension: 65mm x 30mm
- Mounting hole size: 3.0mm