The Uputronics Raspberry Pi GPS/RTC Expansion Board provides a modern multi GNSS GPS receiver and hardware RTC with no soldering required. It can be connected to all Raspberry Pi boards with the 40-pin (2x20) header (the original Pi Model A/B are not supported).
Featuring PPS (Pulse per second) output to permit the use of the board for PPS disciplined NTP servers, RAW output available from the UBlox™ GPS module and twin super caps for GPS hot start/setting retention & maintaining RTC.
This board retains backwards compatibility with previous generation Uputronics Pi GPS boards.
With its features and ease of installation, we believe this is the ultimate GPS / RTC HAT for the Raspberry Pi!
• 72-channel u-blox™ M8 engine
• Up to 3 concurrent GNSS (BeiDou, Galileo, GLONASS, GPS/QZSS)
• Default GNSS: GPS/GLONASS.
• -167dBm Navigation Sensitivity
• 10Hz navigation rate in multi GNSS mode, 18Hz in GPS only
• RAW Output available via UBX-RXM-RAWX Message
• 3V supplied to antenna port to power active antenna
• Antenna requirements: Active 3V Ceramic Patch
• No EEPROM settings must be sent at power-up or saved to battery-backed RAM.
• Default baud rate: 9600bps
• I2C Bus (Address 0x42)
• Robust SMA antenna connection.
For full documentation please consult the u-blox 8/u-blox M8 receiver description including protocol specification document (UBX-13003221) linked here.
• Micro Crystal RV-3028-C7 Real-Time Clock Module
• Factory calibrated ±1 ppm @ 25°C
• I2C Bus (Address 0x52)
• Built-in kernel compatibility
• Provides year, month, date, weekday, hours, minutes and seconds
|Pin||Raspberry Pi Name/Function||HAB-GPSPI+-ASSY|
|02/04||5V||5V (for super caps)|
|03||GPIO2 (SDA1, I2C)||GPS/RTC SDA|
|05||GPIO3 (SCL1, I2C)||GPS/RTC SCL|
|08||GPIO14 (TXD0)||GPS Serial RXD|
|10||GPSIO15 (RXD0)||GPS Serial TXD|
- Weight: 15g excluding fixings and antenna
- Batteries: 2 x 0.2F 3.3V Super Capacitors
- Connector Pitch: 2.54mm pitch Raspberry Pi 2x20 Header
- Power Usage (from 3.3V): Acquire 25mA / Tracking 21mA / Cyclic PSM Mode 9mA
- GPS Antenna Connector: SMA Female
- Operating Temperature: -40°C to +85°C
In The Box
1 x Raspberry Pi GPS/RTC Expansion Board
4 x 11mm standoffs w/8 M2.5 Screws
1 x Header with 4.93mm tails
Please Note. This board is NOT compatible with the original Raspberry Pi A and B boards.
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.