The Uputronics Raspberry Pi GPS/RTC Expansion Board provides a modern multi GNSS GPS receiver and hardware RTC with no soldering required. It can be connected to all Raspberry Pi boards with the 40-pin (2x20) header.
New version 6.1 now with Flash & USB header for connection to PC or Mac!
Featuring PPS (Pulse per second) output to permit the use of the board for PPS disciplined NTP servers, RAW output available from the UBlox™ GPS module and twin super caps for GPS hot start/setting retention & maintaining RTC. Flash is also fitted for retention of settings and a USB header to connect to other devices is provided.
This board retains backwards compatibility with previous generation Uputronics Pi GPS boards.
With its features and ease of installation, we believe this is the ultimate GPS / RTC HAT for the Raspberry Pi!
• 72-channel u-blox™ M8 engine
• Up to 3 concurrent GNSS (BeiDou, Galileo, GLONASS, GPS/QZSS)
• Default GNSS: GPS/GLONASS.
• -167dBm Navigation Sensitivity
• 10Hz navigation rate in multi GNSS mode, 18Hz in GPS only
• RAW Output available via UBX-RXM-RAWX Message
• 3V supplied to antenna port to power active antenna
• Antenna requirements: Active 3V Ceramic Patch
• No EEPROM settings must be sent at power-up or saved to battery-backed RAM.
• Default baud rate: 9600bps
• I2C Bus (Address 0x42)
• Robust SMA antenna connection.
For full documentation please consult the u-blox 8/u-blox M8 receiver description including protocol specification document (UBX-13003221) linked here.
• Micro Crystal RV-3028-C7 Real-Time Clock Module
• Factory calibrated ±1 ppm @ 25°C
• I2C Bus (Address 0x52)
• Built-in kernel compatibility
• Provides year, month, date, weekday, hours, minutes and seconds
- Thermal vents for compatibility with PoE HAT.
- Robust SMA antenna connection.
- USB Mini-B Header for connection to anything that supports USB to serial (USB cable not supplied).
- High-quality German 4 layer PCB.
- High-quality Samtec headers (may not be compatible with cheaper headers and connectors)
- 1 x Raspberry Pi GPS/RTC Expansion Board
- 4 x 11mm standoffs with 8x M2.5 Screws
- 1 x Samtec Header with 4.93mm tails
USB cable not included but available here
|Pin||Raspberry Pi Name/Function||HAB-GPSPI+-ASSY|
|02/04||5V||5V (for super caps)|
|03||GPIO2 (SDA1, I2C)||GPS/RTC SDA|
|05||GPIO3 (SCL1, I2C)||GPS/RTC SCL|
|08||GPIO14 (TXD0)||GPS Serial RXD|
|10||GPSIO15 (RXD0)||GPS Serial TXD|
3D Printable Case!
Uputronics have designed a case for use when not connected to the Raspberry Pi which you can 3D print at home!
- Download Case STL Files / Fusion 360 files https://a360.co/3DUKeOY & https://a360.co/3yNuvh7 (Note requires 4x M3 x 8mm Countersunk Screws e.g ACCU SSK-M3-8-A2)
Please note the 3D Printed Case does NOT fit the Raspberry Pi inside - it's just for casing the board when not connected to a Pi.
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.