The CM3+ Compute Module contains the guts of a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ (the BCM2837 processor and 1GB RAM) as well as a range of storage options across the four versions we have available - Lite/8GB/16GB/32GB (the equivalent of the SD card in the Pi).
- Broadcom BCM2837B0, Cortex-A53 (ARMv8) 64-bit SoC @ 1.2GHz
- 1GB LPDDR2 SDRAM
- 8GB/16GB/32GB eMMC Flash memory, or a Lite variant without eMMC Flash memory
This is all integrated onto a small (67.6mm × 31mm) board that fits into a standard DDR2 SODIMM connector. The Flash memory is connected directly to the processor on the board, but the remaining processor interfaces are available to the user via the connector pins.
You get the full flexibility of the BCM2837 SoC (which means that many more GPIOs and interfaces are available than with a standard Raspberry Pi), and designing the Module into a custom system should be relatively straightforward because we’ve put all the tricky bits onto the Module itself.
Software & OS
- Compute Module 3+ datasheet
- Compute Module 3+ hardware specifications
- More detailed information on the Compute Module hardware
- Global compliance certificates for Raspberry Pi products.
The CM3+ has undergone extensive compliance testing, and meets the following European standards:
- Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive (EMC) 2014/30/EU
- Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) Directive 2011/65/EU
- View and download global compliance certificates for Raspberry Pi products