PowerBlock – The safe power button/power switch for Raspberry Pi
The PowerBlock is a soft power button add-on board for the Raspberry Pi. It allows safe shut down and allows you to conveniently turn on and turn off the power to the Raspberry Pi with a toggle or a momentary button.
Instead of just cutting the supply voltage with the risk of data loss the PowerBlock ensures a safe shutdown without the risk of any data losses that could occur otherwise.
Furthermore, an LED that you can optionally attach to the Powerblock indicates the power status at all times.
Any toggle or momentary button can be connected to the PowerBlock. The type of switch is automatically detected. The power status of the Raspberry Pi can be indicated via an optional status LED.
Note: The PowerBlock now features a USB-C power connection, so we have marked this product as compatible with the Raspberry Pi 4. It can be used with other Raspberry Pis, however a Pi 4/USB-C power supply will be required.
- Soft power button / power switch for the Raspberry Pi
- Clean system shutdown before cutting the power
- Supports toggle and momentary buttons
- Automatic detection of button type
- Smooth power status indication via optional external LED
- USB-C connector for power supply
- 2×6 pin header for mounting on the Pi
- Pin outs for optional external 5V power supply
- Additional switched 5V output pins
- No soldering required
- Software daemon for clean shutdowns
- Input Voltage: 5V
- Output Voltage: 5V
- Maximum Continuous Current @ 25°C: 7 A
- MOSFET Static On-Resistance: 6 mΩ
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.