Each module can independently control up to three motors, and multiple shields can be stacked on top of the same Arduino for projects that need to control even more motors. The M3S550 supports motor supply voltages from 1.8 V to 22 V and can deliver continuous output currents up to 1.7 A per motor.
This version ships with pre-soldered stackable headers and terminal blocks.
The Motoron M3S550 shield makes it easy to control up to three bidirectional, brushed DC motors with an Arduino or compatible board, such as the A-Star 32U4 Prime. It supports motor supply voltages from 1.8 V to 22 V and can deliver continuous output currents up to 1.7 A per motor. Multiple Motoron controllers can be stacked on top of each other, allowing independent control of many motors.
Unlike most Pololu motor drivers and shields, the Motoron does not require any PWM outputs or timers on your Arduino. Instead, the Arduino communicates with the Motoron using I²C, so only two I/O lines are needed regardless of how many Motorons you connect.
- Three motor control channels allow for independent control of up to three bidirectional brushed DC motors per Motoron
- Wide motor supply voltage range: 1.8 V to 22 V (absolute maximum)
- Maximum output current per motor: 1.7 A continuous, 5 A peak for <1 second
- Reverse-voltage protection on motor power supply (down to −20 V)
- Logic voltage input (IOREF) range: 3.1 V to 5.5 V
- Logic voltage: 3.3 V typical, but lower if IOREF is less than 3.3 V (produced by an LDO powered from IOREF)
- Compatible with 3.3 V and 5 V I²C busses (maximum signal voltage is 6.5 V)
- Control interface: I²C
- I²C clock speed: up to 400 kHz
- Optional cyclic redundancy checking (CRC)
- Configurable motion parameters:
- Max acceleration/deceleration forward/reverse
- Starting speed forward/reverse
- Direction change delay forward/reverse
- PWM frequency: eight options available from 1 kHz to 80 kHz
- Command timeout feature stops motors if the Arduino stops functioning
- Configurable automatic error response
- Motor power supply (VIN) voltage measurement
- Optional pins make it easy to power the Arduino from reverse-protected motor power, either directly or through an external regulator (not included)
- Two status LEDs
- Motor direction indicator LEDs
- Motoron Arduino library simplifies using the Motoron with an Arduino or compatible controller
- Comprehensive user’s guide
|Minimum operating voltage
|Maximum operating voltage
|Continuous output current per channel
|Peak output current per channel
|Minimum logic voltage
|Maximum logic voltage
|Reverse voltage protection?
|1.3″ × 2.02″
- 1x Pre-soldered Motoron M3S550 Triple Motor Controller Shield for Arduino
Arduino controller not included