This Pololu 37D Gearmotor is a powerful brushed DC motor with 150:1 metal gearbox intended for operation at 12V. The gearbox is composed mainly of spur gears, but it features helical gears for the first stage for reduced noise and improved efficiency. These units have a 16 mm-long, 6mm-diameter D-shaped output shaft. Measuring 37mm in diameter, these brushed DC gearmotors are the largest and most powerful we carry.
In general, these kinds of motors can run at voltages above and below the nominal voltages; lower voltages might not be practical, and higher voltages could start negatively affecting the life of the motor. This motor will run at 6V but is intended for operation at 12V.
Note: Stalling or overloading gearmotors can greatly decrease their lifetimes and even result in immediate damage. The listed stall torques and currents are theoretical extrapolations; units will typically stall well before these points as the motors heat up. The recommended upper limit for continuously applied loads is 10 kg-cm (150 oz-in), and the recommended upper limit for instantaneous torque is 25 kg-cm (350 oz-in). Stalls can also result in rapid (potentially on the order of seconds) thermal damage to the motor windings and brushes; a general recommendation for brushed DC motor operation is 25% or less of the stall current.
|No-load speed @ 12V
|No-load current @ 12V
|Stall current @ 12V
|Stall torque @ 12V
|Max output power @ 12V
|No-load speed @ 6V
|No-load current @ 6V
|Stall current @ 6V
|Stall torque @ 6V
|37D × 57L mm
Performance at Maximum Efficiency
|Max efficiency @ 12V
|Speed at max efficiency
|Torque at max efficiency
|Current at max efficiency
|Output power at max efficiency
- Datasheet for Pololu 37D Metal Gearmotors
- Dimension diagrams of the Pololu 37D mm Metal Gearmotors
- 3D models of 37D gearmotors
- MATLAB script to plot motor performance curves for Pololu brushed DC gearmotors
The downloadable diagram shows the dimensions of the 37D line of metal gearmotors (units are mm over [inches]).
Warning: Do not screw too far into the mounting holes as the screws can hit the gears. We recommend screwing no more than 3mm into the screw holes.
- Gearmotor Face Plates -The motor faceplate has six mounting holes evenly spaced around the outer edge threaded for M3 screws. These mounting holes form a regular hexagon and the centres of neighbouring holes are 15.5 mm apart. We carry two brackets for these gearmotors: a stamped aluminium L-bracket (sold in pairs) and a sturdier, tombstone-style machined aluminium bracket (sold individually).
- Universal Mounting Hubs - The 6 mm diameter gearbox output shaft works with the Pololu universal aluminium mounting hub for 6mm shafts, which can be used to mount our larger Pololu wheels (80mm- and 90mm-diameter) or custom wheels and mechanisms to the gearmotor’s output shaft.
- Scooter Wheel Adapters - You can use our 6mm scooter wheel adapter to mount many common skateboard, inline skate or scooter wheels to the gearmotor’s output shaft.
- 12mm Hex Wheel Adapters - For a general-purpose hex adapter, consider our 12mm hex wheel adapter, which lets you use these motors with many common hobby RC wheels.