Looking for a case and expansion board that will turn the Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4 into a fully functional PC with POE support? This all-metal case from Waveshare includes the CM4 PoE IO Board for the Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4 (CM4) and offers additional features when compared to the official Raspberry Pi option, like the addition of built-in POE support. This means that no additional modules are required for POE functionality.
This board is ideal for a wider range of industrial applications or makers looking for a great project base for their Compute Module 4 (CM4).
One of the main additional features is the Power over Ethernet (PoE) function, offering an 802.3af-compliant PoE circuit capable of 5V/2.5A. There are also 4x USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports (alongside the standard micro-USB port) for faster USB device and storage transfer rates.
The GPIO header has also been colour-coded on this IO board to make prototyping your projects and solutions much easier.
The DC power input connection is regulated and can accept a wide range of voltage input, 7V-36V, making it perfect to add to existing infrastructure (power supply not included however our 12V 5A PSU is a great option). The fan connection supports 5V or 12V for greater cooling flexibility.
The board otherwise offers most of the same functions as the standard IO board including an RTC, 2x MIPI DSI display connections, 2x MIPI CSI-2 camera module connections, microSD Card slot, gigabit Ethernet, 2x HDMI ports, and more. See the 'What's On Board' section below for more details.
Note: CM4 and power supply not included
- CM4 Socket: Suitable for all variants of Compute Module 4
- Networking: Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 connector, integrates 802.3af-compliant PoE circuit (5V/2.5A)
- Connectors: Raspberry Pi 40-pin GPIO header, non-isolated RS485, non-isolated RS232
- USB: USB 3.2 Gen1 × 4
- Display: MIPI DSI display port × 2 (22pin 0.5mm FPC connector)
- Camera: MIPI CSI-2 camera port × 2 (22pin 0.5mm FPC connector)
- Video: HDMI port × 2, supports 4K 30fps output
- RTC: Real-time clock with a battery socket and ability to wake Compute Module 4
- Storage: MicroSD card socket for Compute Module 4 Lite (without eMMC) variants
- Fan Header: Allows for speed adjustment and measurement, 5V / 12V
- Power Input: 7V-36V (power supply not included)
- Dimensions: 193.6 × 94.5mm
What's On Board
1) CM4 socket
- Suitable for all variants of Compute Module 4
2) DC power port
- 7~36V DC wide-range power supply, a 24W power adapter is recommended.
3) Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 with PoE support
- 0/100M auto-negotiation, for connecting router or switch with PoE function
- 4) USB SLAVE Interface
5) USB3.2 Interface
- 4 x USB 3.2 Gen1 interface for USB devices.
6) HDMI ports
- 2x HDMI ports, supports dual 4K 30fps output
- RTC battery holder. The real-time clock can be used to wake up, shut down, or reboot Compute Module 4. (CR2032 battery)
- 2x MIPI CSI camera ports
- 2x MIPI DSI display connectors.
10) FAN Header
- Fan header, support PWM Fan.
11) FAN Power Select
- 5V or 12V voltage to drive the fan
12) IO-VREF/PoE selection
- IO-VREF: CM4 IO logic level: 3.3V or 1.8V
- PoE: enable (EN) or disable (DIS)
13) 40PIN GPIO header
- Colour Coded Standard 40-Pin Raspberry Pi Header
14) CAM0 and DISP0 I2C bus
- Jumper Selects for using CAM0 or DISP0
- 15) Misc configurations
16) Dual LED indicators
- Red: Raspberry Pi power indicator
- Green: Raspberry Pi operating status indicator
17) TF card slot (bottom side)
Insert a Micro SD card with pre-burnt system image to start up the Compute Module 4
- Insert a Micro SD card with pre-burnt system image to start up the Compute Module 4
- 1x Metal case (top and bottom)
- 1x Compute Module 4 PoE Board
- 1x 12V Fan
- 1x Screwdriver
- 1x Screws pack
CM4 and power supply not included