This NEMA 14-size hybrid bipolar stepping motor has a 1.8° step angle (200 steps/revolution). Each phase draws 1A at 2.7V, allowing for a holding torque of 1.4 kg-cm (20 oz-in).
The motor has four colour-coded wires terminated with bare leads: black and green connect to one coil; red and blue connect to the other.
It can be controlled by a pair of suitable H-bridges (one for each coil), but we recommend using a bipolar stepper motor driver.
Our 5mm universal mounting hub can be used to mount objects on the stepper motor’s 5 mm-diameter output shaft, and our NEMA 14 aluminium bracket offers a variety of options for mounting this stepper motor in your project.
- Size: 35 mm square × 36 mm, not including the shaft (NEMA 14)
- Weight: 180 g
- Shaft diameter: 5 mm “D”
- Steps per revolution: 200
- Current rating: 1A per coil
- Voltage rating: 2.7 V
- Resistance: 2.7 Ω per coil
- Holding torque: 1.4 kg-cm (20 oz-in)
- Inductance: 4.3 mH per coil
- Lead length: 30 cm
- Output shaft supported by two ball bearings
The following diagram shows the stepper motor dimensions in mm. The dimension labelled “length” is 36 mm. The output D-shaft has a length of 21 mm and a 5 mm diameter with a section that is flattened by 0.5 mm. This shaft works with our 5 mm universal mounting hub.