This Raspberry Pi HAT features multiple communication functionalities: NB-IoT, eMTC, EDGE, GPRS, and GNSS!
The NB-IoT (NarrowBand-Internet of Things) and eMTC (enhanced Machine Type Communication) are rising IoT communication technologies evolved from LTE (4G), with advantages that include low power, low cost, wide coverage and more.
They are suited for applications such as intelligent instruments, remote controlling, asset tracking, remote monitoring, E-health, mobile POS terminals, sharing bikes and so on. The online product Wiki provides support information to help you get started.
Alongside the NB-IoT functionality are GSM/GPRS and EDGE - traditional 2G/2.5G technologies capable of sending SMS or making other wireless communications.
The SIM7000E NB-IoT HAT would be an ideal choice for providing advanced communicating/positioning features for your project or simply evaluating these new rising technologies. GSM and GPS antennas included in the package!
Note: Raspberry Pi not included!
- Raspberry Pi 40-pin GPIO connection - supports all 40-pin versions
- Supports TCP, UDP, PPP, HTTP, FTP, MQTT, SMS, Mail etc
- Supports GNSS positioning (GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou and Galileo)
- Onboard USB interface, to test AT Commands, get GPS positioning data etc
- Breakout UART control pins, to connect with host boards like Arduino/STM32
- Onboard voltage translator, 3.3V by default, switched to 5V via 0Ω resistor
- SIM card slot, compatible with both normal SIM card and NB-IoT specific card (not included)
- 2x LED indicators, easy to monitor the working status
- Baudrate: 300bps~3686400bps
- Control via AT commands (3GPP TS 27.007, 27.005, and SIMCOM enhanced AT Commands)
- Supports SIM application toolkit: SAT Class 3, GSM 11.14 Release 98, USAT
- Online development resources and manual (examples for Raspberry Pi/Arduino/STM32)
- 1x SIM7000E NB-IoT HAT
- 1x GSM Antenna
- 1x GPS External Antenna (B)
- 1x USB type A plug to micro plug cable
- 1x RPi screws pack (2pcs)
- Receiver type
- C/A code
- Tracking: -162 dBm (GPS)/-157 dBm (GLONASS)/TBD (BD)
- Cold starts: -148 dBm
- Cold starts: <35s
- Hot starts: <1s
- Position: <2.5m CEP
- Power supply: 5V
- Operating voltage: 5V/3.3V (3.3V by default)
- Sleep Mode current: 1.2mA(@DRX=2.56s)
- Power Save Mode current: 9uA
- Operating temperature: -40°C ~ 85°C
- Storage temperature: -45°C ~ 9
- Dimensions: 65mm x 30.20mm