ModMyPi's Raspberry Pi GSM/GPRS Board (SIM800)
Connect your Pi to the world's mobile networks! The Raspberry Pi GSM Board (SIM800) from ModMyPi is a SIM800 quad-band GSM/GPRS/BT module for use on the Raspberry Pi. The board is fully plug and play, and designed to interact with the Raspberry Pi via UART (Serial) for access to GSM/GPRS mobile networks. Please Note. You do require an active SIM card to access mobile networks (not included)!
The SIM800 IC is fully compatible with AT commands sent via the Pi's UART port, enabling functions such as sending and answering calls, sending and receiving text messages and accessing the internet. The board features speaker & microphone jacks, so it's fully possible to turn your Raspberry Pi into a mobile telephone communication device!
The board is powered directly from the Pi's GPIO, and has hardware controlled on/off/reset button which can also be accessed (through use of a jumper cable) via the Pi's GPIO for software controlled powering & resetting.
The package includes a fixed antenna and mounting hardware!
- Plug and Play GSM/GPRS/BT Board for the Raspberry Pi
- Based on the SIM800 IC
- Includes Bluetooth 3.0 Functionality & On-board Bluetooth Antenna
- Hardware Power On/Off & Reset Buttons
- Software Controllable Power On/Off & Reset via the Pi's GPIO (Requires Jumper Wires)
- Quad-Band 850/900/1800/1900MHz
- Speaker Output via 3.5mm Jack
- Microphone Input via 3.5mm Jack
- Micro USB for SIM800 Firmware Updates
- Powered Directly From the Pi's GPIO
- Dimensions?85mm x 56mm x 25mm
- Antenna Dimensions: 90mm x 10mm Fixed
- SIM Card Input Size: Standard 15mm x 25mm
- Baud Rate?9600
Note - This product is not compatible with the Raspberry Pi 4 (unless using a GPIO extension)