The UUGear MEGA4 is a 4-Port USB 3.1 PPPS (Per-Port Power Switching) hub designed for the Raspberry Pi 4. It adds 4 more USB 3.1 ports to the Raspberry Pi 4 and power on each port can be turned ON or OFF separately via software!
MEGA4 has the same board size as Raspberry Pi 4 and can be mounted underneath. The U-shaped USB adapter (included) can provide data and power connections between the MEGA4 and Raspberry Pi. Multiple MEGA4 boards can be used to provide additional ports for large projects.
It's also a powered hub - you can connect a 5V power supply to its USB-C connector and significantly increase its current output ability. The hub functionality does not back-power your Raspberry Pi.
You can turn on/off the power on each USB port via the software or via UUGear Web Interface (UWI) on PC, Tablet or Smartphone.
Although MEGA4 is designed for Raspberry Pi 4B, you can use it as a USB 3.1 hub on other computers.
To install MEGA4’s software, please run this command in your home directory:
If your Raspberry Pi has an internet connection, it will immediately download the script from our website, and you will then see the “install.sh” script in your home directory. Then you just need to this script with sudo:
sudo sh install.sh
You will need to use sudo to run this script because it also tries to disable USB auto-suspend in /boot/cmdline.txt file.
After installing the software, you need to restart your Raspberry Pi so the UWI server will be running in the background. With the default configuration you should be able to access your MEGA4 via UWI on address http://raspberrypi:8000/mega4/.
- 1x MEGA4 board
- 1x U-shaped USB adapter
- 4x M2.5 x 10+6mm Copper Standoff
- 4x M2.5 screws
- 4x M2.5 nuts
- Dimensions: 85mmx 56mm x 9mm (USB plug is 7mm protrude)
- Weight: 29g (net weight without any accessory)
- USB Hub Controller: VL817 Q7 (firmware rev 90.23)
- Per-Port Power Switch: AP2511 (datasheet)
- Ideal Diode MOSFET: AO4447 (datasheet)
- USB 3.1 Gen1 (USB 3.0), 2.0 and 1.1 compatibility
- Multiple Transaction Translator (MTT)
- Per-Port Power Switching (PPPS)
- Per-Port Over Current Protection
- Data Speed
- USB v3.1 Gen 1: up to 5 Gbps
- USB v2.0: up to 480 Mbps
- USB v1.1: up to 12 Mbps
- USB Ports
- Upstream: 1 (A-type USB 3.0 plug)
- Downstream: 4 (A-type USB 3.0 female connector)
- Output Current
- Bus-powered only: up to 1.2A in total (limited by Raspberry Pi 4B)
- With supplemental power supply: up to 5A in total, and 2.5A per port (also depends on the power supply)
- Static Current: 64mA
- Operating Temperature: 0℃~70℃
- Humidity: 0~80% RH, no condensing
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.