Need more I/O's on your microcontroller? You need an MCP23017 port expander chip!
It uses two i2c pins (which can be shared with other devices if required) and in exchange gives your microcontroller another 16 GPIO's! Each I/O pin can be configured as an in input, output or input with a pullup.
The chip can also be configured for interrupts for when an input changes, so you don't need to keep polling the chip!
This one comes in a DIP package, so it's great for breadboarding! You can also set the i2c address for up to 8 unique chips on the same i2c bus, which means you can daisy-chain these IC's to give you up to 128 I/O's!
Don't forget to grab a matching IC DIP socket for your project!
- 16 bit remote bidirectional I/O port
- High-speed I2C interface
- Three hardware address pins to allow up to eight devices on the bus
- Configurable interrupt output pins
- INTA and INTB can be configured to operate independently or together
- Configurable interrupt source
- Polarity Inversion register to configure the polarity of the input port data
- External Reset input
- Low standby current: 1?A max.
- Automation & Process Control
- Clock & Timing
- Consumer Electronics
- Defence, Military & Aerospace
- Embedded Design & Development
- LED Lighting
- Motor Drive & Control
- Bus Frequency: 1.7MHz
- Chip Configuration: 16bit
- IC Interface Type: I2C, Serial
- Interface Case Style: DIP
- No. of I/O's: 16
- No. of Pins: 28
- Supply Voltage Max: 5.5V
- Supply Voltage Min: 1.8V
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.