With this M-Bus HAT, you can extend your Raspberry Pi with functions for smart metering! The HAT provides an M-Bus master to which other M-Bus devices such as electricity, water or gas meters (with the appropriate interface) can be connected directly.
A datasheet/user guide is available to help you get started. With libmbus, powerful C++ software is available for the Raspberry Pi, which can be used with the M-Bus HAT. If you prefer Python take a look at the pyMeterBus project.
- M-Bus (Meter-Bus) Master
- Compatible with European standard EN 13757-2
- For the remote reading of consumption meters
- For up to 6 unit-loads (9mA)
- External DC power supply (9...30V) needed (36V for the MBUS will be generated internally from this voltage)
- Galvanically isolated interface
- Removable screw terminals for bus and power supply connection
- Indicator LEDs for RX and TX signals
- Selectable UART via jumper (with Raspberry Pi 4 only)
- For Raspberry Pi 2 / 3 / 4 Model B, Raspberry Pi Zero and compatible SBC
- 1x M-Bus HAT (standard version)
- 1x Terminal block connector
Raspberry Pi not included
- With libmbus, powerful C++ software is available for the Raspberry Pi, which can be used with the M-Bus HAT.
- If you prefer Python take a look at the pyMeterBus project.
- M-Bus homepage
|GND||Pin 6, 9, 14, 25, 39|
|5V||Pin 2, 4|
|TX||GPIO14 (8)||GPIO4 (7)||GPIO8 (24)||GPIO12 (32)|
|RX||GPIO15 (10)||GPIO5 (29)||GPIO9 (21)||GPIO13 (33)|