The LM317 is an adjustable 3−terminal positive voltage regulator capable of supplying in excess of 1.5A over an output voltage range of 1.2 V to 37 V.
This voltage regulator is exceptionally easy to use and requires only two external resistors (not included) to set the output voltage. Furthermore, it employs internal current limiting, thermal shutdown and safe area compensation, making it essentially blow−out proof!
This device can also be used to make a programmable output regulator, or by connecting a fixed resistor between the adjustment and output, the LM317 can be used as a precision current regulator.
- Output current in excess of 1.5 A
- Output adjustable between 1.2 V and 37 VInternal thermal overload protection
- Input voltage 4.2V to 40V
- TO-220 package
- Internal short circuit current limiting constant with temperature
- Output transistor safe−area compensation
- Floating operation for high voltage applications
- Eliminates stocking many fixed voltages
- Pb−Free, Halogen Free/BFR Free and RoHS compliant