The Kitronik Inventor's Kit - Python version for the BBC micro:bit (not included) is a great way to get started with programming and hardware interaction with the micro:bit.
This Inventor's Kit contains everything you need to complete 10 experiments including using LEDs, motors, photoresistors and capacitors.
To get you off to a flying start, Kitronik have included an easy to follow tutorial book which guides you through everything you will need to know about programming the BBC micro:bit. You don't need any experience with programming as the tutorial book will guide you every step of the way. You'll be programming and creating circuits in no time!
The kit provides a fantastic way of learning how to construct and control electronic circuits. The micro:bit has a selection of pins that are located on the bottom edge of its PCB. By using our specially designed Edge Connector Board for the BBC micro:bit in conjunction with the breadboard, it is easy to use these pins to connect additional components to the BBC micro:bit.
- This kit requires assembly
- This kit does not include a BBC micro:bit.
- No soldering required - build your first circuit in minutes!
- Make 10 experiments included in the provided step-by-step tutorial book
- As your skill grows, progress from Blocks to Python all within the MakeCode environment
- Experiments 1 - 6 are blocks orientated
- Experiments 7 - 10 are now completed with Python
- All parts are included to conduct the 10 experiments (listed below)
- Breaks out 21 accessible pins from the BBC micro:bit using the Edge Connector Board for the BBC micro:bit (included)
- Small Prototype Breadboard included for fast prototyping
- 1 x Mounting Plate
- 1 x Potentiometer - Vertical Type (finger adjust) 100K
- 1 x Finger Adjust Spindle
- 1 x Sticky Fixer for Battery Pack
- 1 x Small Prototype Breadboard
- 1 x Terminal Connector
- 4 x Push Switch
- 1 x Motor
- 1 x Transistor
- 2 x Red 5mm LED
- 2 x Orange 5mm LED
- 2 x Yellow 5mm LED
- 2 x Green 5mm LED
- 1 x RGB 5mm LED
- 1 x Fan Blade
- 5 x 2.2KΩ Resistor
- 5 x 10KΩ Resistor
- 5 x 47Ω Resistor
- 1 x Edge Connector Breakout Board for BBC micro:bit
- 10 x Male to Male Jumper Wires
- 10 x Male to Female Jumper Wires
- 1 x 470uF Electrolytic Capacitor
- 1 x Piezo Element Buzzer
- 2 x Pan Head M3 Machine Screw
- 1 x Phototransistor
All of the experiments included in the booklet (listed below) are completed using the Microsoft MakeCode Editor.
- #1 Say Hello to the BBC micro:bit
- #2 Using a Light Sensor & analog inputs
- #3 Dimming an LED using a potentiometer
- #4 Using a transistor to drive a motor
- #5 Using the accelerometer to control motor speed
- #6 Setting the tone with a piezo buzzer
- #7 Wind Power
- #8 Making a game using the compass
- #9 Capacitor charge circuit
- #10 Using an RGB LED
- #11 Making a pedestrian crossing
- #12 Making a random dice
Insight Resources Mr Bit is an online educational coding platform that also features sections devoted to some of our key micro:bit accessories, including this kit. This content has been developed by Insight Resources and any questions relating to them should be directed at their contact information.
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.