This is a compact high-performance cooler designed for the Raspberry Pi 4. The cooler comes with a 30mm PWM fan and has fins made of aluminium. The smaller form factor with just 43mm height makes the cooler compatible with the KKSB Raspberry Pi 4 Tall Case.
Raspberry Pi and case not included.
What makes it different from other Raspberry Pi coolers?
The KKSB Raspberry Pi 4 High-Performance Cooler apparently looks similar to other Raspberry Pi coolers in the market. However, it has the following distinct features that make the KKSB Cooler more effective than most of the coolers available in the market:
Flat aluminium base for perfect CPU contact
The flat aluminium base makes perfect contact with the CPU. Most Raspberry Pi coolers in the market have pressed heat pipes without CNC-machine treatment. This is why their contact area remains uneven. The heat pipe of the KKSB Cooler is pressed along the block such that the interface along the CPU remains flat.
Quiet in all modes
The KKSB PWM Fan on this high-performance cooler produces minimum noise even at maximum mode. In addition, it only operates when the temperature is above the configured limit so it stays off during normal workloads.
The KKSB High-Performance Cooler Unit is nickel plated.
Soldering between Thermal Pipe and Heatsink
Most Raspberry Pi coolers in the market have no soldering between the thermal pipes and heatsinks. The soldering between the heatsink and pipe of this KKSB Cooler optimises heat transfer through better contact.
The height of the KKSB High-Performance Cooler is just 43mm. This means that you can also use this cooler inside the KKSB Raspberry Pi 4 Tall Case. The height of the cooler is lower than many other Raspberry Pi cooling towers in the market.
- Fan Impeller: 7 Blades - BLACK PBT (UL94V-0)
- Fan Frame Material: Reinforced Glass Fiber - BLACK PBT (UL94V-0)
- Bearing System: Sealed Sleeve Bearing (SSB)
- Rated Voltage: 5V DC
- Operating Voltage: 4.5V ~ 5.5V DC
- Start-Up Voltage: 3.5V DC
- Rated Current: 0.04 Amp (Max: 0.06 Amp) | Testing Conditions: 25oC / 65% Relative Humidity
- Labelled Current: 0.06 Amp
- Rated Power: 0.20 Watt (Max: 0.30 Watt) | Testing Conditions: 25oC / 65% Relative Humidity
- Rated Speed: 5000 ± 900 Rotation Per Minute (RPM) | Testing Conditions: 25oC / 65% Relative Humidity
- Air Flow (Cubic Feet per Minute): 1.58 CFM (Min: 1.30 CFM)
- Air Pressure: 0.98 mmAq (Min: 0.66 mmAq)
- Control Interface: PWM
- Coloured Wires: Red (+), Blue (PWM), and Black (-) (UL1061/28AWGx 100mm)
- Compliance: RoHS
- Safety Approval: CE, UL, CUL, TUV
- Life Expectancy: Up to 30,000 Hours
- Weight (PWM Fan): 4.9 Grams
- Wires Length (Exposed out of the fan): Approximately 100mm (+/- 5mm)
Use the product images along with the points below to align and fit your cooler correctly:
- Use Clips with the cooling tower to attach the KKSB PWM Fan
- Align the brackets of the tower with the Raspberry Pi 4 screw holes such that the PWM fan is facing opposite the Raspberry Pi 4 GPIO
- Secure the tower using screws
Connection Example with Raspberry Pi 4 GPIO
The 30mm 5V PWM Fan has 3x wires. Please connect each wire carefully to the right GPIO pin as shown below.
- Red Wire (5V) corresponds to the GPIO Pin 4
- Black Wire (Ground) corresponds to the GPIO Pin 6
- Blue Wire (GPIO 14 TXD) corresponds to the GPIO Pin 8
- 1x KKSB Cooling Tower
- Brackets and fasteners
- 1x KKSB 30mm PWM Fan
Raspberry Pi and case not included