The HiFiBerry DAC+ ADC Pro combines the well-known DAC+ Pro with an analogue input. Both input and output support sample rates up to 192kHz.
It's is a high-resolution digital-to-analogue and analogue-to-digital converter for the Raspberry Pi (newer models with 40 pin GPIO connector).
Note: This board will not fit inside the HighPi case range due to the headphone connector.
The Pro model is an upgrade of the standard version with the following features
- Low-jitter dual-domain clock for optimised clock decoupling from the Raspberry Pi
- Mic bias voltage for the use with electret microphones
- No anti-aliasing filter in the input path for best recording bandwidth
This is a special sound card for the Raspberry Pi, optimised for one specific use case: the best audio playback and recording quality! It is specifically designed for applications that do not only need playback but also recording functionalities.
- Stereo input and output
- Dedicated 192kHz/24bit high-quality Burr-Brown DAC
- Dedicated 192kHz/24bit high-quality Burr-Brown ADC
- Hardware volume control for DAC and ADC. You can control the input and output parameters using “alsamixer” or any application that supports ALSA mixer controls.
- Connects directly to the Raspberry Pi, no additional cables needed
- No soldering - Comes as a pre-fabricated kit.
- Compatible with all Raspberry Pi models with a 40-pin GPIO connector
- Directly powered from the Raspberry Pi, no additional power supply
- Three ultra-low-noise linear voltage regulators for optimal audio performance
- Pro: Low-jitter dual-domain clock for optimised clock decoupling from the Raspberry Pi
- Pro: Mic bias voltage for the use with electret microphones
- Pro: No anti-aliasing filter in the input path for best recording bandwidth
- HAT compliant, EEPROM for automatic configuration
- Gold plated RCA output connectors
- Comes with all components required to mount it. We include 4 M2.5x12mm spacers to fix the board onto the Raspberry Pi
|Maximum input voltage||2.1Vrms||4.2Vrms for balanced input|
|Maximum output voltage||2.1Vrms|
|ADC signal-to-noise ratio||110db||typical|
|DAC signal-to-noise ratio||112db||typical|
|Input gain||-12db to 32dB|
Balanced/un-balanced input connector J4
This 6-pin connector can be used to connect a balanced input (e.g. XLR or 6.5mm jacks). Pin 1 is on the left bottom corner.
|in R-||1||2||in R+|
|in L+||5||6||in L-|
Output connector P5
This connector can be used to connect to external components, e.g. an amplifier. The output is connected in parallel to the RCA jacks. Pin 1 is on the top left.
To support the DAC+ ADC, a Raspberry Pi Linux kernel of at least version 4.19.60 is required. Have a look at the documentation on how to update the Linux kernel.
Overlay for config.txt:
If you’re still using an older Linux kernel that does not support the DAC+ ADC, you can still use the output-part of the DAC+ ADC using the HiFiBerry DAC+ driver:
- You may need to update your Linux kernel to support the audio input features (at least Raspberry Pi kernel 4.19.60)
- Note that the actual board received might look different from the images. Layout and components may change without notice. HiFiBerry does not guarantee a specific PCB layout or specific components.
Payment & Accreditations
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.