Grove - Infrared Reflective Sensor v1.2 can be used for detection of proximity and color of objects. The reflective photosensor - RPR-220 used in this module consists of an infrared light emitting diode and a high –sensitivity phototransistor. Light-colored objects directly in front of the sensor will reflect more infrared light as well as generate more current in the phototransistor than an object with dark-colored surfaces, this can be tell from a built-in indicator LED which will turn red with sufficient flow of current. Also, the intensity of the reflective light increases as the object getting closer. You can adjust the potential-meter on the back of the board if you want to detect a specific object (eg. Black line) at a certain distance.
This sensor is a widely used in applications such as line-following robots, rotary speed detection, auto-data logging on utility meters or other situations where color or distance contrast is sharp.
- Easy to use
- Panel-mounting Grove interface
- Digital output: 0 or VCC
- Built-in indicator LED
- Threshold adjustable via potentiometer
- Power supply: 3.5 – 5.5V DC
- Reflective Photosensor: RPR-220
- Effective working distance: 4-15mm
- Minimum detectable width for monochrome lines: 10mm
- Connector: 4 pin Buckled Grove interface
- Dimension: 20mm x 20mm
- Product number: Seeed 101020174