The Grove 80cm Infrared Proximity Sensor is a general-purpose distance measuring sensor based on the Sharp GP2Y0A21YK, which is a wide-angle distance measuring sensor.
This proximity sensor takes a continuous distance reading and returns a corresponding analog voltage with a range of 10cm (4") to 80cm (30"). You can apply it to TVs, personal computers, cars and more!
This sensor is quite small and uses a 3-pin JST connector. These connectors have three wires: Ground, VCC, and Output. Because the sensor fires continuously and doesn't need any clock to initiate a reading, it is easy to interface with any microcontroller.
- Corresponding analog voltage range from 3V when an object is 10cm (4") away and 0.4V when the object is 80cm (30") away.
- Grove interface compatible
- Wide supply voltage range: 2.5V-7V
- Weight: 9g
- Product number: Seeed 101020042
- 1x Grove proximity Sensor 90cm
- 1x Grove cable