This sensor has 12 independent electrodes with built-in autoconfiguration. Thanks to the I2C interface, you can detect all 12 electrode signals with only one Grove port, and the I2C address is configurable from 0X5B to 0X5D. This also makes it possible for multiple V3 Touch Sensors to be used together, for channel expansions in a single system, and you can build a touch system which contains a maximum of 36 electrodes.
This sensor is an upgraded version of the V2 sensor. It adds two more GND ports to the head in order to be more stable, meanwhile, the front pin is spaced out further to avoid a short circuit caused by the lines accidentally touching.
- Powerful functions: Integrated capacitance sensing, touch sensing, proximity sensing, and integrated independent autocalibration for each electrode input
- Hardware configurable I2C address: I2C interface, with IRQ
- Drive the LEDs: 12 electrodes/capacitance sensing inputs, of which 8 are multifunctional for LED driving and GPIO
- Safe handling: Add two more GND pins, and expand the gap of the pins for safe handling
- Grove compatible interface: The product has the "Plug and Play" feature and would be useful for various Grove applications
|Dimensions||60mm x 20mm x 7mm|
|Operating Voltage||3.3 V / 5V|
|Operating Temperature Range||- 40°C to 85°C|
|Storage Temperature Range||- 40°C to 125°C|
|Capacitances Range||10 pF to over 2000 pF|
|I2C address range||0x5B,0x5C,0x5D|
|Default I2C address||0x5B|
- 1x Grove - 12 Key Capacitive I2C Touch Sensor V3 (MPR121)
- 1x Grove Cable