This I2C to Dual UART module offers data transmission rates of up to 1Mbps, and each sub-UART has an independent 256-byte FIFO hardware buffer for transmitting and receiving.
The baud rate, word length and check format of every sub-UART can be set independently. The module provides 2Mbps maximum communication rate. At most four such modules can be connected onto one controller board to expand 8 hardware serial ports. This I2C to dual UART module is ideal for using with IoT modules, Ultrasonic ranging and GPS modules.
There are usually only 1 or 2 UARTs on Controller boards like the Arduino, Raspberry Pi, micro:bit etc. And one of them must be used in program downloading or debugging. When your application needs to connect several UART devices, you may find that there are not enough UARTs on the main board for connecting.
Thus, this module could be a perfect solution for the above situation, or you can use this product with IR receiver modules and WS2818 RGB relevant projects with strict timing requirements.
- I2C to dual UART
- Up to 2Mbps communication rate
- Expand 8 hardware serials at most
- Sub UART receive/transmit independently
- Independent setting for band rate and word length of Sub UART
- Operating Voltage: 3.3V~5.5 V
- Operating Current: <3mA
- Communication Port: Gravity-I2C 4Pin
- Expanded UART: 2
- Operating Temperature Range: -40℃~85℃
- Dimension: 32.5 x 27mm
- 1x Gravity: I2C to Dual UART Module
- 1x Gravity-4P I2C/UART Sensor Connector