The DFRobot FireBeetle series are low-power development boards designed for IoT projects. FireBeetle Covers are hardware modules designed to fit onto your FireBeetle to give you convenient, flexible and affordable functionality.
This is the FireBeetle Covers DC Motor & Stepper Driver. It's a DC motor driver that can control up to four-channels DC motors / two-phase four-wire stepper motors simultaneously.
The motor driver cover integrates an STM8 as its coprocessor, controlling the motor speed and direction. It communicates with the Microcontroller via an I2C port and supports up 1000Hz refresh rate. The assisted STM8 processor controls motors and set the main control free. It effectively reduces the dependence on MCU pin resources and MCU occupancy. Independent motor control makes multi-motor projects more affordable.
This stepper motor driver adopts 2x TB6612FNG chips and performs excellently in low power consumption applications. The consumption current is only 30mA under static state, and the motor driver can provide 1.2A output current at 5V with a peak current of 3.2A. The motor drive supports 4~12V wide-range power input and also provides four independent interfaces to drive servos!
- Support 4 channels DC motors drive
- Support 2 channels two-phase four-wire stepper motors drive
- Support 4 channels servo drive
- Up to 1000Hz refresh rate
- Equipped with a STATUS indicator (LED)
- Microprocessor: STM8S105
- Operating Voltage: 3.3~5V (Connect to FireBeetle VCC Terminal)
- Operating Voltage: 30mA
- Motor Drive Chip: TB6612FNG
- Motor [null Drive] Voltage: 4-12V
- Output current: 1.2A single-channel continuous drive current
- Start / Peak Current: 2A (continuous pulse) / 3.2A (single pulse)
- Communication Port: I2C
- I2C Address: 0x18
- Dimension: 2.28 x 1.14 inches (58mm x 29mm)
- 1x FireBeetle Covers - DC Motor & Stepper Driver
- 2x 18pin-2.54mm Pin Header (Female)
- 2x 18pin-2.54mm Pin Header (Male)