The DFRobot FireBeetle is a series of low-power-consumption development hardware designed for the Internet of Things (IoT).
The Firebeetle ESP8266 is a development board integrated with IoT WiFi, TCP/IP, 32-bit MCU, 10-bit ADC and multiple interfaces such as HSPI, UART, PWM, I2C and I2S. In DTIM10, the full power consumption to maintain a WiFi connection reached 1.2mW.
Equipped with 16MB outer SPI flash memory, ESP8266 is available for programs and firmware storage. Being compatible with Arduino programming enables the Firebeetle ESP8266 to lower the ability barrier of programming. The operator can implement Arduino programming codes directly onto the ESP8266.
In the programming stage, the Firebeetle Board-ESP8266 supports RTOS SDK in Linux, Arduino IDE and Micropython. Please note this board comes with the headers pictured (which require soldering).
When using the Arduino IDE, some peripherals may not work perfectly by embedding Arduino sample codes with the ESP8266. Many more functions implemented in Arduino are still under development and improvement.
An alternative way is to change development tools such as RTOS and MicroPython towards a more operating-friendly experience in some conditions.
- Compatible with FireBeetle series
- Compatible with Arduino programing
- Built-in 32-bit Tensilica L106 MCU and 10-bit ADC
- Support RTOS SDK in Linux, Arduino IDE and Micropython.
- Support IEEE802.11 b/g/n WiFi (2.4 GHz~2.5 GHz)
- Support TCP / IP
- Support Lithium Battery (The Maximum charge current: 500mA)
- Support Low Power Consumption
- Support OTA Updating
- Support STA/AP/STA+AP
- Operating Temperature: -40℃~+85℃
- Operating Voltage: 3.3V
- Input Voltage (limits): 3.3~5V (Lithium Battery:3.7V & USB:5V)
- Microcontroller: Tensilica L106 (32-bit MCU)
- Clock Speed: 80MHz (Maximum: 160MHz)
- External Flash Memory: 16MB
- DC Current in the Low-Power-Consumption: 46uA
- Average Operating Current: 80mA
- Maximum Discharging Current: 600mA (LDO-3.3 Output)
- Maximum Charging Current: 500mA
- Digital Pin x10
- Analog Pin x1
- SPI interface x1
- I2C interface x1
- IR interface x1
- I2S interface x1
- Interface: XH2.54mm Pin (No soldering default)
- In Combination of Wi-Fi MAC/ BB/RF/PA/LNA
- WiFi: IEEE802.11 b/g/n (2.4 GHz~2.5 GHz), not support 5GHz WiFi
- Dimension: 58 × 29(mm)
- Operating Temperature: -10℃~+55℃
- Mounting Hole Dimension: 53 x 24(mm)
- Weight: 24g
- 1x FireBeetle Board-ESP8266
- 2x 18pin-2.54mm
- 2x 18pin-2.54mm Female Holder