The DFRobot URM13 is an ultrasonic ranging sensor with an open single probe. It supports TRIG Pulse-triggered ranging (SR04 compatible), UART, and I2C communication protocols, which offers more possibilities for usage scenarios.
With a compact body, the sensor works well with 3.3V or 5V mainboards like the Arduino and Raspberry Pi (an example is provided for Arduino only), is easy to use and integrate into various applications. The UART mode employs standard Modbus-RTU protocol and integrates receive/send control output to allow users to easily expand the RS485 interface using an external RS485 transceiver.
The URM13 is positioned to be a professional and advanced ultrasonic sensor. The integration of a new precision circuit design and smart detection algorithms on the sensor makes it much smaller and lighter, while still maintaining excellent sensitivity. At the same time, the URM13 sensor is able to automatically detect ambient and electrical noise, and complete the dynamic adjustment and calibration of sensor parameters in real-time, which ensures its stable performance in various complex application scenarios.
Check out the other distance sensors available in the store!
Connection Example - Arduino
- Small and compact body
- Excellent sensitivity
- Automatic noise detection and real-time calibration
- HC-SR04 compatible
- UART and I2C interface, support to expand RS485
- Power Supply: 3.3~5.5V DC
- Max Instantaneous Work Current: 350mA
- Effective Measuring Range: 15cm～900cm
- Distance Resolution: 1cm
- Distance Error: ±1%
- Temperature Resolution: 0.1℃
- Temperature Error: ±1℃
- Measuring Frequency: 10Hz
- Operating Temperature: -10℃～＋70℃
- Operating Humidity: RH<75%
- Sensor Acoustic Frequency: 40±1KHz
- Sensor Direction Angle: 60°(-6dB)
- Communication Interface: I2C&TRIG/UART(Modbus-RTU)
- Dimension: 22×20mm
- 1x URM13 Ultrasonic Sensor
- 1x 2.54 Black Single-Row 4-pin Connector