M5Camera is a development board for image recognition. It features an ESP32(4M Flash + 520K RAM) chip and 2-Megapixel camera (OV2640).M5Camera offers plenty of storage, with an extra 4 Mbyte PSRAM. It also supports image transmission via Wi-Fi and debugging through USB Type-C port.
The hardware comes preloaded software, programmed by ESP-IDF. It is an application to run Wi-Fi camera. The output image is size 600*800, since it's 2MP, you sure can optimize the software to output the maximum size of photos.
what this software can do?
- Power the board via USB type-C or GROVE
- Use your phone to Wi-Fi scan an AP name start with 'm5stack-' and click to connect this AP.
- Open up web browser on your phone and visit 192.168.4.1
- Then here comes the picture. Video is about 5-6 frames per seconds. not super fast.
- CP2104 USB-to-TTL converter
- ESP32-WROVER (PCB Antenna)
- WIFI image transmission
- OV2640 sensor
- 1x M5Camera
- 4x LEGO block
- 1x Type-C USB(20cm)
|Maximum resolution||200w pixel|
|Output format||YUV(422/420)/YCbCr422,RGB565/555,8-bit compressed data,8-/10-bit Raw RGB data|
|Maximum image transmission rate||UXGA/SXGA: 15fps, SVGA: 30fps, CIF: 60fps|
|CCD Size||1/4 inch|