Add a colour sensor to your project for colour sorting, matching, colour strip reading or ambient light sensing!
- Sensor Chip: TCS3200 (RGB color detector)
- Detects static colour, the output is a square wave with frequency directly proportional to incident light intensity
- Supports fill-light by onboard LEDs
- Power: 2.7V ~ 5.5V
- Ideal detection distance: 10mm
- Dimension: 36.0mm * 20.6mm
- Mounting holes size: 2.0mm
How to Use
Product Wiki: https://www.waveshare.com/wiki/Color_Sensor
In the case of working with an MCU:
- VCC ↔ 2.7V ~ 5.5V
- GND ↔ power supply ground
- LED ↔ MCU.IO (controlling the 4 white LEDs)
- OUT ↔ MCU.IO (RGB colour output frequency)
- S0/S1 ↔ MCU.IO (Output frequency scaling selection inputs)
- S2/S3 ↔ MCU.IO (Photodiode type selection inputs)
S0/S1 selects the output frequency scaling factor, S2/S3 selects the colour filter of red, green, blue, then OUT outputs a square wave with a frequency proportional to the selected colour intensity.
The detected colour can be determined by the ratio of the intensity of red, green and blue.
- Sensor only - no cable included
- Avoid environment light noise
- White balance is required when the first time using the module, resetting the module or changing the light source